- Poly5308 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- ALRH, BHR1, P600, IL-13, MGC116786, MGC116788, MGC116789, IL13
- Goat Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Human IL-13 was initially cloned from cDNA libraries of activated T cells. IL-13 is an immunoregulatory cytokine secreted predominantly by activated T(H)2 cells, and it is a key mediator in the pathogenesis of allergic inflammation. IL-13 shares many functional properties with IL-4, and they share a common receptor subunit, the alpha subunit of the IL-4 receptor (IL-4Rα). IL-13 mediates its effects by interacting with a complex receptor system comprised of IL-4Rα and two IL-13 binding proteins, IL-13Rα1 and IL-13Rα2. Ligation of the IL-13 receptor complex results in signaling via the insulin receptor substrate (IRS)-1 and 2 and STAT-6 pathways. IL-13, like IL-4, is a cytokine produced by T(H)2 type helper T cells in response to signaling through the T cell antigen receptor and by mast cells and basophils upon cross-linkage of the high-affinity receptor for immunoglobulin E (IgE). IL-13 has been implicated in airway hypersensitivity and mucus hypersecretion, inflammatory bowel disease, and parasitic nematode expulsion.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human IL-13
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.1 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.01 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store frozen at -20°C. Make small volume aliquots if needed and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody.
Neut - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by neutralization of proliferation induced by recombinant human IL-13 (Cat. No. 571106) at 25 ng/mL on human TF-1 cells. ND50 range: 0.5 - 3 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2922628 (BioLegend Cat. No. 530803)
IL-13 is secreted by activated T cells, Th2 cells, basophils, mast cells, activated eosinophils, and NK cells.
- IL-13 modulates human monocytes/macrophages and B cells. IL-13 induces an increase of MHC class II expression in human monocytes/macrophages, and direct inhibition of inflammatory cytokines such as TNF-α and IL-1β.
- IL-13 receptors are expressed on human B cells, basophils, eosinophils, mast cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, monocytes, macrophages, respiratory epithelial cells, and smooth muscle cells.
- IL-4Rα, IL-13Rα 1, and IL-13Rα 2
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Innate Immune Signaling
- Antigen References
- McKenzie AN, et al. 1993. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 90:3735-9.
- Papasavvas E, et al. 2005. J Immunol. 175:5532-40.
- Kelly-Welch A, et al. 2005. Sci STKE. 2932005
- Hershey GK. 2003. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 111:677-90.
- Harris J, et al. 2007. Immunity. 27:505-17.
- LaPorte SL, et al. 2008. Cell. 132:259-72.
- Gene ID
- 3596 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-13 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|LEAF™ Purified anti-human IL-13||Poly5308||Neut|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.