- 3A2A20 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- POU domain class 5, transcription factor 1 (POU5F1), OCT4, OCT3
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Oct4 (Octamer binding transcription factor 4) is an important marker of the undifferentiated state and central regulator of pluripotency in ES cells. When embryonic stem cells are triggered to differentiate, Oct4 is downregulated, thus providing a model for the early events linked to somatic differentiation in the developing embryo. Oct4 is a nuclear protein, with a predicted molecular weight of 39 kD.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human Oct4 recombinant protein (1-141aa).
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICC - Quality tested
ICFC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 0.1 - 10 μg/ml is recommended. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 μg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
AB_2566690 (BioLegend Cat. No. 653712)
- Belongs to the POU transcription factor family, predicted molecular weight of 39 kD
Nuclear protein, expressed in undifferentiated embryonal carcinoma (EC) cells, embryonic stem (ES) cells and embryonic germ (EG) cells
- Transcription factor that binds to the octamer motif (5'-ATTTGCAT-3'). Oct4 is a prime candidate for an early developmental control gene. It also is an important marker of the undifferentiated state and central regulator of pluripotency in ES cells.
- SOX2, SOX8, SOX10, androgen receptor, and ETS2
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Stem Cells, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Niwa H, et al. 2000. Nature Genet. 24:372.
2. Wernig M, et al. 2007. Nature 448:318.
3. Pesce M, et al. 2001. Stem Cells 19:271.
- Gene ID
- 5460 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Oct4 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.