- Other Names
- Ring Finger Protein 43, E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase RNF43, RNF124
- Ave. Rating
- 0 reviews
- Product Citations
RNF43 (Ring Finger Protein 43) is a RING-type E3 ubiquitin ligase that contains 783 amino acid with 174 amino acid extracellular domain, a transmembrane domain, and a cytoplasmic RING domain. RNF43 negatively regulate Wnt signaling by promoting turnover of Frizzled receptors. The RNF43 expression results in an increase in ubiquitination of Frizzled receptors and alteration in their subcellular distribution, resulting in reduced surface levels of Frizzled receptors. RNF43 mediated turnover of Frizzled receptors is inhibited by R-Spondin. RNF43 acts on both canonical and non-canonical Wnt signaling pathway. RNF43 is expressed in stem cells at the bottom of intestinal crypts where it acts as a tumor suppressor by inhibiting the Wnt signaling pathway, thereby restricting the size of the intestinal stem cell zone. Mutations in RNF43 gene have been reported in multiple tumor cells, including colorectal and endometrial cancers. Diseases associated with RNF43 include Sessile Serrated Polyposis Cancer Syndrome and Hyperplastic Polyposis Syndrome.Product Details
- Human RNF43, amino acids Glu43-Val1199 (Accession # Q68DV7) with a C-terminal human IgG1 Fc tag was expressed in CHO cells.
- Molecular Mass
- The 415 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 46.2 kD. The DTT-reduced protein migrates at approximately 55 kD and and non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 110 kD by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Glu.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS, pH 7.2
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg protein as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for one month, at -20°C for six months, or at -70°C for one year. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C to -70°C. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in sterile buffer (PBS, HPBS, DPBS, or EBSS) containing carrier protein such as 0.2-1% BSA or HSA and stored in working aliquots at -20°C to -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- When human R-Spondin 3 is immobilized at 0.5 µg/mL, human RNF43 binds with EC50 of 20 – 80 ng/mL.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are validated in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intestinal stem cells, fetal kidney, fetal lung
- E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase that acts as a negative regulator of the Wnt signaling pathway
- Ligand Receptor
- R-Spondin 3
- Measured by its ability to bind human R-Spondin 3
- Antigen References
- Sugiura T, et al. 2008. Exp Cell Res. 314:1519-1528
- Yagyu R, et al. 2004. Int J Oncol. 25:1343-1348
- Hao HX, et al. 2012. Nature. 485:195-200
- Koo BK, et al. 2012. Nature. 488:665-669
- Giannakis M, et al. 2014. Nature Genet. 46:1264-1266
- Jing X, et al. 2015. Mol Cell. 58:522-533
- Gene ID
- 54894 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about RNF43 on UniProt.org
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.