- IM7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Hermes, Pgp-1, H-CAM, HUTCH-1, ECMR III, gp85, Ly-24
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD44 is a 80-95 kD glycoprotein also known as Hermes, Pgp1, H-CAM, or HUTCH. It is expressed on all leukocytes, endothelial cells, hepatocytes, and mesenchymal cells. As B and T cells become activated or progress to the memory stage, CD44 expression increases from low or mid levels to high levels. Thus, CD44 has been reported to be a valuable marker for memory cell subsets. High CD44 expression on Treg cells has been associated with potent suppressive function via high production of IL-10. CD44 is an adhesion molecule involved in leukocyte attachment to and rolling on endothelial cells, homing to peripheral lymphoid organs and to the sites of inflammation, and leukocyte aggregation.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Mouse, Human
- Reported Reactivity
- Chimpanzee, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus, Squirrel Monkey, Horse, Cow, Pig, Dog, Cat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Dexamethasone-induced myeloid leukemia M1 cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* PerCP has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 675 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone IM7 has been reported to recognize an epitope common to alloantigens and all isoforms of CD4417,18 that is located between amino acids 145 and 18620. This clone has been verified for immunocytochemistry (ICC) and frozen immunohistochemistry (IHC-F). Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections6,7, complement-mediated cytotoxicity1, immunoprecipitation1,3, in vivo inhibition of DTH4,5, and spatial biology (IBEX)23,24. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 103046, 103065 - 103069).
Cross-reactivity to ferret has been reported by a collaborator, but not verified in house.
- Application References
- Trowbridge IS, et al. 1982. Immunogenetics 15:299. (ICFC, IP, CMCD)
- Katoh S, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. 153:3440. (ELISA)
- Budd RC, et al. 1987. J. Immunol. 138:3120. (IP)
- Camp RL, et al. 1993. J. Exp. Med. 178:497. (Block)
- Weiss JM, et al. 1997. J. Cell Biol. 137:1137. (Block)
- Frank NY, et al. 2005. Cancer Res. 65:4320. (IHC) PubMed
- Cuff CA, et al. 2001. J. Clin. Invest. 108:1031. (IHC)
- Lee JW, et al. 2006. Nature Immunol. 8:181.
- Zhang N, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:6967. PubMed
- Huabiao C, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:591. PubMed
- Gui J, et al. 2007. Int. Immunol. 19:1201. PubMed
- Wang XY, et al. 2008. Blood 111:2436. PubMed
- Kenna TJ, et al. 2008. Blood 111:2091. PubMed
- Yamazaki J, et al. 2009. Blood PubMed
- Kmieciak M, et al. 2009. J. Transl. Med. 7:89. (FC) PubMed
- Chen YW, et al. 2010. Mol. Cancer Ther. 9:2879. PubMed
- Zheng Z, et al. 1995. J. Cell. Biol. 130:485.
- Wiranowska M, et al. 2010. Int. J. Cancer 127:532.
- Hirokawa Y, et al. 2014. Am J Physiol Gastrointerest Liver Physiol. 306:547. PubMed
- Sandmaier BM, et al. 1998. Blood 91:3494.
- Yang Y, et al. 2015. Hypertension. 65:1047. PubMed
- Peterson VM, et al. 2017. Nat. Biotechnol. 35:936. (PG)
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2020. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 117:33455-65. (SB) PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2022. Nat Protoc. 17:378-401. (SB) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_10639933 (BioLegend Cat. No. 103035)
AB_10645506 (BioLegend Cat. No. 103036)
- Variable splicing of CD44 gene generates many CD44 isoforms, 80-95 kD
All leukocytes, epithelial cells, endothelial cells, hepatocytes, mesenchymal cells
- Leukocyte attachment and rolling on endothelial cells, stromal cells and ECM
- Hyaluronan, MIP-1β, fibronectin, collagen
- Cell Type
- B cells, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Leukocytes, Mesenchymal cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Haynes BF, et al. 1991. Cancer Cells 3:347.
3. Goldstein LA, et al. 1989. Cell 56:1063.
4. Mikecz K, et al. 1995. Nat. Med. 1:558.
5. Hegde V, et al. 2008. J. Leukocyte Biol. 84:134.
6. Liu T, et al. 2009. Biol. Direct 4:40.
- Gene ID
- 12505 View all products for this Gene ID 960 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD44 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- How stable is PerCP/Cy5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cy5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Other FormatsView All CD44 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-mouse/human CD44
Biotin anti-mouse/human CD44
FITC anti-mouse/human CD44
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse/human CD44
Purified anti-mouse/human CD44
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse/human CD44
PE anti-mouse/human CD44
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse/human CD44
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse/human CD44
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse/human CD44
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse/human CD44
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse/human CD44
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse/human CD44
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse/human CD44
PerCP anti-mouse/human CD44
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse/human CD44
Brilliant Violet 570™ anti-mouse/human CD44
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-mouse/human CD44
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse/human CD44
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse/human CD44
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-mouse/human CD44
Purified anti-mouse/human CD44 (Maxpar® Ready)
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-mouse/human CD44
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse/human CD44
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse/human CD44
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse/human CD44
TotalSeq™-A0073 anti-mouse/human CD44
TotalSeq™-C0073 anti-mouse/human CD44
TotalSeq™-B0073 anti-mouse/human CD44
Spark YG™ 570 anti-mouse/human CD44
Spark YG™ 593 anti-mouse/human CD44
TotalSeq™-D0073 anti-mouse/human CD44