- C9B7W (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- LAG3, LAG-3
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD223, also known as LAG-3, is 70 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein within the Ig superfamily. It is the gene product of lymphocyte activation gene-3 (Lag3) with structural similarity to CD4. CD223 is expressed on activated T cells and NK cells, as well as T regulatory cells. CD223, like CD4, binds MHC class II molecules, but with higher affinity than CD4. In association with the CD3 complex, CD223 has been shown as a negative regulatory molecule to inhibit TCR-mediated signaling and regulate homeostatic T cell expansion. In contrast to inhibition, CD223 has an activation function to promote immune responses by inducing MHC class II signaling in antigen presenting cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Murine CD223-Ig fusion protein
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
FA, IP, ELISA - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Workman CJ, et al. 2002. Eur. Immunol. 32:2255. (IP, ELISA)
- Workman CJ, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:688. (FC)
- Li N, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 173:6806. (IP, ELISA)
AB_2813999 (BioLegend Cat. No. 125231)
AB_2814000 (BioLegend Cat. No. 125232)
AB_2814001 (BioLegend Cat. No. 125233)
AB_2814002 (BioLegend Cat. No. 125234)
AB_2814003 (BioLegend Cat. No. 125235)
AB_2814004 (BioLegend Cat. No. 125236)
- Ig superfamily
T cells and NK cells, as well as T regulatory cells
- Cell Type
- NK cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Baixeras E et al. 1992. J. Exp. Med. 176:327.
- Gene ID
- 16768 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD223 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this LEAF™/Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.