- 93 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Fcγ R III/II, Ly-17
- Rat IgG2a, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD16 is low affinity IgG Fc receptor III (FcR III) and CD32 is FcR II. CD16/CD32 are expressed on B cells, monocytes/macrophages, NK cells, granulocytes, mast cells, and dendritic cells. The Fc receptors bind antibody-antigen immune complexes and mediate adaptive immune responses.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Sorted pre-B cells
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- For 5 mg sizes and larger, the antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 1 mg/ml and 3 mg/ml. For smaller sizes the concentration is 1.0 mg/ml.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IP, Block - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone 93 can be used for blocking of CD16/CD32 interactions with the Fc domain of immunoglobulins, but is not the same clone as 2.4G2.
The 93 mAb is specific to the common epitope of CD16/CD32. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1 and blocking of Fc-mediated reactions in functional studies2,4,23. It is useful for blocking non-specific binding of immunoglobulin to Fc receptors. For blocking of Fc receptors in flow cytometric analysis, pre-incubate the cells with purified anti-CD16/CD32 antibody (≤1.0 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume) for 5-10 minutes on ice prior to immunostaining. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 101310). For highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 101330) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Personal communication (IP)
- Oliver AM, et al. 1999. Hybridoma 18:113. (Block)
- Brummel R and Lenert P. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:2429.
- Terrazas LI, et al. 2005. Int. J. Parasitol. 35:1349. (Block)
- Clements JL, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 177:905.
- Mohamed W, et al. 2010. Infect Immun. 78:3306. PubMed
- Ouchi T, et al. 2011. J. Exp Med. 208:2607. PubMed
- Kmieciak M, et al. 2011. J. Vis. Exp. 47:2381. PubMed
- Yamazaki S, et al. 2012. PLoS One. 7:e51665. PubMed
- Li J, et al. 2012. Arthritis Rheum. 64:1098. PubMed
- Azuma M, et al. 2012. Oncoimmunology. 1:581. PubMed
- Koon HW, et al. 2013. J. Vis. Exp. 68:4208. PubMed
- Hegde VL, et al. 2013. J Biol Chem. 288:36810. PubMed
- Huang J, et al. 2013. J. Immunol Methods. 387:254. PubMed
- Dutow P, et al. 2014. J Infect Dis. PubMed
- Fan Y, et al. 2014. J Exp Med. 211:313. PubMed
- Huang HN, et al. 2014. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 58:1538. PubMed
- Takei S, et al. 2014. Vaccine. 32:3066. PubMed
- Richardson ML, et al. 2014. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 8:2825. PubMed
- Cekanaviciute E, et al. 2014. J Immunol. 193:139. PubMed
- Kimura T, et al. 2014. Int Immunol. 26:697. PubMed
- Everad A, et al. 2014. Nat Commun. 5:5648. PubMed
- Cenci E, et al. 2006. J. Leuko. Biol. 79(1):40-5. (Block)
AB_2783037 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101329)
AB_2561482 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101330)
AB_2616683 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101339)
AB_2616684 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101340)
AB_2783038 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101341)
AB_2783039 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101342)
- Ig superfamily, 40-60 kD
B cells, monocyte/macrophages, NK cells, neutrophils, mast cells, dendritic cells
- Low affinity receptors for IgG
- Ligand Receptor
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Macrophages, Mast cells, Monocytes, Neutrophils, NK cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Fc Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Unkeless JC. 1989. J. Clin. Invest. 83:355.
3. Qiu WQ, et al. 1990. Science 248:732.
- Gene ID
- 14130 View all products for this Gene ID 14131 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD16/32 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Can I an isotype control with a lambda light chain be substituted with an isotype control with a kappa light chain for flow cytometry?
Yes, you can since kappa and lambda represent light chains which don't contribute to the background staining.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However upon request these can be tested from outside independent laboratories on custom basis.
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this LEAF™/Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.