- A16108E (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Gro2, Macrophage inflammatory protein (MIP-2)
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CXCL2 is an ELR CXC chemokine, and it is structurally and functionally related to GRO1 (CXCL1), GRO3 (CXCL3), and interleukin-8 (CXCL8). CXCL2 binds to the CXCR2 receptor; this receptor is shared with other ELR CXC chemokines (CXCL1, CXCL3, CXCL5, CXCL6, CXCL7, and CXCL8). CXCL2 is highly expressed in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC), and it has been detected in serum of patients with this disease. Also, CXCL1, CXCL2 and CXCL3 have been shown to be highly expressed in patients with malignant melanoma. In addition, CXCL2 and CXCL1 are upregulated in the central nervous system in multiple sclerosis (MS) and in the animal model of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE). In EAE, it has been shown that transfer of encephalitogenic CD4+ Th17 cells induces CXCL1 and CXCL2 transcription in the spinal cords of naïve, syngeneic recipients. IL-17 is a potent inducer of ELR+ CXC chemokines in MS and EAE. In fact, it has been shown that CXCL1 and CXCL2 are upregulated in the preclinical and clinical stages of EAE.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human CXCL2
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
Neut - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by neutralization of the chemotaxis induced by recombinant human CXCL2 (Groβ) (1 ng/mL) on mouse Baf3-mCXCR2 transfectant chemoattractant cells. ND50 range: 0.2 - 1 µg /mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2894458 (BioLegend Cat. No. 311001)
AB_2894458 (BioLegend Cat. No. 311002)
Macrophages, monocytes, fibroblasts, and epithelial cells.
- CXCL2 chemoattracts and activates neutrophils, and it plays a key role in neutrophil mobilization from the bone marrow. CXCL2 is induced by TNFα, IL-1α, IL-17, and LPS.
- Neutrophils, basophils, lymphocytes, monocytes, keratinocytes, hematopoitic cells, endothelial cells, bone marrow endolthelial cells, osteoblasts, epithelial cells, fibroblasts, melanoma cells, melanocytes, and neurons
- Cell Type
- Epithelial cells, Fibroblasts, Monocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Haskill S, et al. 1990. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 87:7732.
2. De Plaen I, et al. 2006. Immunology 118: 153.
3. Carlson T, et al. 2008. J. Exp. Med. 205:811.
4. Eash KJ, et al. 2010. J. Clin. Invest. 120:2423.
5. Keeley EC, et al. 2011. Exp. Cell. Res. 317: 685.
6. Onishi RM and Gaffen SL, 2011. Immunology 129:311.
- Gene ID
- 2920 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CXCL2 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.