- 29E.2A3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Programmed cell death ligand 1 (PD-L1), B7 homolog 1 (B7-H1)
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD274, also known as PD-L1 and B7-H1, is type I transmembrane glycoprotein that serves as a ligand for CD279 (PD-1). This interaction is believed to regulate the balance between the stimulatory and inhibitory signals needed for responses to microbes and maintenance of self-tolerance. CD274 is involved in the costimulation of T cell proliferation and IL-10 and IFN-γ production in an IL-2-dependent and CD279-independent manner. Conflicting data has shown that CD274 can inhibit T cell proliferation and cytokine production, and alternatively, enhance T cell activation. Other studies suggest that CD274 may signal bidirectionally, raising interesting implications for its expression in a wide variety of cell types, including T and B cells, antigen-presenting cells, and nonhematopoietic cells.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full length human PD-L1
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IHC, Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone 29E.2A3 is reported to recognize an epitope on PD-L1 within the PD-L1-CD80 binding region5. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: blocking1-3 and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections1. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 329715, 329716, 329745 - 329748).
It has been observed that clone 29E.2A3 is able to bind to Alexa Fluor® 700 antibody conjugates during multi-color immunofluorescent staining. This interaction can be resolved by sequentially staining with the 29E.2A3 antibody first and then followed by the Alexa Fluor® 700 conjugate of interest.
Clone 29E.2A3 does not work in Western blot applications7.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Brown J, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 170:1257. (FC, IHC, Block)
- Radziewicz H, et al. 2007. J. Virol. 81:2545. (Block)
- Nakamoto N, et al. 2009. PLoS Pathog. 5:e1000313. (Block)
- Barsoum IB, et al. 2014. Cancer Res. 74:665. PubMed
- Haile, S et al. 2013. J. Immunol. 191:2829.
- RL M, et al. 2015. PNAS. 112:6506-6514. PubMed
- Mahoney KM, et al. 2015. Cancer Immunol. Res. 3:1308.
- Product Citations
AB_11149486 (BioLegend Cat. No. 329715)
AB_11149168 (BioLegend Cat. No. 329716)
AB_2783198 (BioLegend Cat. No. 329745)
AB_2783199 (BioLegend Cat. No. 329746)
AB_2783200 (BioLegend Cat. No. 329747)
AB_2783201 (BioLegend Cat. No. 329748)
T cells, B cells, NK cells, monocytes/macrophages, granulocytes and dendritic cells
- CD274 is involved in the costimulatory signal, essential for T lymphocyte proliferation and production of IL-10 and IFN-γ, in an IL-2-dependent and a PD-1-CD1-independent manner. Its interaction with PD-1-CD1 inhibits T-cell proliferation and cytokine production.
- PD-1 (PDCD1)
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Fibroblasts, Granulocytes, Macrophages, Monocytes, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Sharpe A, et al. 2007. Nat. Immunol. 8:239.
- Gene ID
- 29126 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD274 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Other FormatsView All CD274 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
Biotin anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
PE anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
APC anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
Purified anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1) (Maxpar® Ready)
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
GoInVivo™ Purified anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
TotalSeq™-A0007 anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
TotalSeq™-B0007 anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
TotalSeq™-C0007 anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
TotalSeq™-D0007 anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
PE/Fire™ 810 anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1) Antibody
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
Spark YG™ 570 anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)