- A17182F (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- BMP10, Bone morphogenetic protein 10
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Bone morphogenetic protein 10 (BMP-10) was initially cloned from embryonic heart, and expression data suggests that it plays a key role in the trabeculation of the embryonic heart. BMP-10 shares >98% amino acid sequence identity among human, mouse, and rat orthologs. BMPs are members of the transforming growth factor β (TGF-β) superfamily. BMP-10 is synthesized as an inactive precursor pro-BMP10 (∼60 kD) and is processed into active BMP-10 (∼14 kD) by proprotein convertase(s). Furin is the main convertase responsible for the generation of BMP-10. BMPs signal through heterotetrameric complex receptors, which include four type I receptors, ALK1, ALK2, ALK3 and ALK6, and three type II receptors, BMPRII, ActRIIA, and ActRIIB. The ligands bind to the heterotetrameric complex composed of two type II receptors and two type I receptors. Under ligand binding, the type II receptors phosphorylate and activate the type I that stimulate the receptor regulated-Smads. Additionally, a co-receptor (endoglin) binds to ALK1 increasing the signal. BMP-9 and -10 are functionally equivalent ligands of ALK1 in vascular development. Nevertheless, BMP-10 has a unique function in cardiac development and cannot be replaced by BMP-9. However, both ligands have a redundant role in postnatal vascular development. ALK1 and endoglin are specifically expressed in endothelial cells and mutations in these receptors are associated with vascular defects.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant Human BMP-10
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
Neut - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by the inhibition of proliferation induced by human recombinant BMP-10 (0.1 µg/mL) on ATDC5 mouse chrondrogenic cells. ND50 range: 4-20 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
BMP-10 is abundant in developing and postnatal heart.
- BMP-10 has a critical role in heart development, modulates cardiomyocyte proliferation and maturation during cardiac ventricular development, and retinal postnatal vascularization. Myocardin, a transcriptional coactivator, regulates BMP-10 expression
- Endothelial cells.
- Heterotretrameric receptor formed by two type I receptors (ALK1) and two type II receptors (BMPRII, ActRIIA, and ActRIIB). Endoglin is a correceptor for ALK1.
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
- Neuhaus H, et al. 1999. Mech. Dev. 80:181.
- David L, et al. 2007. Blood. 109:1953.
- Llorca O, et al. 2007. J. Mol. Biol. 365:694.
- Susan-Resiga D, et al. 2011. J. Biol. Chem. 286:22785.
- Ricard N, et al. 2012. Blood. 119:6162.
- Huang J, et al. 2012. J. Clin. Invest. 122:3678.
- Chen H, et al. 2013. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 29:11887.
- Tillet E and Bailly S. 2014. Front Genet. 5:456.
- Gene ID
- 27302 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about BMP-10 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this LEAF™/Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.