- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Poliovirus receptor-like 2, PVRL2, Herpesvirus entry mediator B, HVEB, Poliovirus receptor-related 2, PRR2, CD112 antigen, Nectin2, Nectin-2
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD112/Nectin-2, also known as poliovirus receptor related protein 2 (PVRL2 ), is a Ca2+ independent immunoglobulin-like cell adhesion molecule that belongs to the Nectin family. Nectins were originally identified as virus receptors and the family consists of four members, nectin-1, nectin-2 , nectin-3 and nectin-4. Nectins-1, nectin-2, and nectin-3 were named PVRL1, PVRL2, and PVRL3 and assigned as CD111, CD112, and CD113, respectively. Nectins mediate both homophilic and heterophilic interactions. They first form cis-homodimers followed by dimer formation in trans. The trans-interaction can be either homophilic or heterophilic. CD112/Nectin-2 also binds to DNAM-1/CD226 on NK cells. The interaction between CD112 and CD226 can induce NK cell and CD8+ T cell-mediated cytotoxicity and cytokine secretion. CD112/Nectin-2 also serves as an entry for certain mutant strains of herpes simplex virus and pseudorabies virus. CD112/Nectin-2 localizes to adherens junctions between neurons, endothelial cells, epithelial cells, and fibroblasts.Product Details
- Mouse CD112, amino acids Gln32-Gly351 (Accession # NM_008990.3) with a C-terminal human IgG1 Fc tag was expressed in 293E cells.
- Molecular Mass
- The 559 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 61.5 kD. The DTT-reduced protein migrates at approximately 65 kD and non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 130 kD by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Gln.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS, pH 7.2
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg protein as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- IC50 = 0.4 – 1.6 µg/mL as measured in a competition binding assay where increasing concentration of unlabeled mouse CD112 was able to competitively displace binding of biotinylated mouse CD112 (100 ng/mL) to immobilized mouse CD112R.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at email@example.com.
Localizes to adherens junctions between neurons, endothelial cells, epithelial cells, and fibroblasts.
- Modulator of T-cell signaling. Can be either a costimulator or a coinhibitor of T-cell function. Upon binding to CD226, it stimulates T-cell proliferation and cytokine production. Upon interaction with PVRIG, it inhibits T-cell proliferation.
- Neurons, endothelial cells, epithelial cells, fibroblasts
- Measured in a competition binding assay with biotinylated mouse CD112.
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Fibroblasts, Neurons
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors, Soluble Receptors
- Antigen References
- Morrison ME, et al. 1992. J Virol. 66:2807-2813
- Warner MS, et al. 1998. Virology. 246:179-189
- Bottino C, et al. 2003. J Exp Med. 198:557-567
- Liu J, et al. 2012. J Immun. 188:5511-5520
- Zhu Y, et al. 2016. J Exp Med. 213:167-176
- Gene ID
- 19294 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD112 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)