- 7B9 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Tubulin beta-2B chain, class IIb beta-tubulin, class II beta-tubulin isotype, tubulin, beta polypeptide paralog
Covance Catalog# MMS-422P
- Mouse IgG3
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Tubulin is a major component of microtubules. It exists as a heterodimer consiting of an alpha and a beta subunit. Class II beta tubulin is the major form of tubulin beta in neurons, although it is not neuronal specific and is found in many other tissues including lung tissue and Schwann cells.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat, Xenopus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised against the synthetic peptide CEEEEGEDEA found at the c-terminus of beta II tubulin.
- Phosphate-buffered solution + 0.03% Thimerosal.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.4 - 1.0 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB) and immunocytochemistry (ICC).
Xenopus reactivity was verified by Dr. Daniel Levy’s lab at the University of Wyoming
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Moody SA, et al. 1996. J. Comp. Neuro. 364: 219.
- Dozier JH, et al. 2003. Breast Cancer Res. 5:R157.
- Product Citations
AB_2565093 (BioLegend Cat. No. 909101)
- Expected MW: 50 kD
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 347733 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Tubulin-beta 2B on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.