- W16195A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- IREL, IMD53
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The Nuclear Factor kappa-light chain-enhancer of activated B cell, or NF- κB, is a transcriptional complex that plays a critical role in inducing expression of genes involved in inflammation, stress responses, cell growth, and apoptosis. The functional NF- κB complex can be comprised of homo- or heterodimeric units of Rel-like/homology domain containing proteins, including RelA, RelB, cRel, p50 and p52. RelB, which preferentially forms heterodimers with p50 and p52, is associated with non-canonical NF- κB signaling activation. This branch of NF- κB signaling is characterized by the NF-κB-inducing kinase (NIK)-linked processing of p100 instead of degradation of IκBα. Non-canonical NF-κB signaling is crucial for B-cell survival and maturation, and overexpression of RelB is associated with lymphoid malignancies and colorectal tumorigenesis.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant human RelB protein corresponding to amino acid residues 69-308
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.125 - 2.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone may produce a ~65 kD non-speccific band by WB when used at higher concentrations.
This clone does not recognize mouse RelB.
AB_2814454 (BioLegend Cat. No. 615101)
AB_2814455 (BioLegend Cat. No. 615102)
- RelB is a 579 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 62 kD.
Ubiquitously expressed; nuclear and cytosolic localization.
- Transcriptonal regulator
- Cell Type
- Hematopoietic stem and progenitors
- Biology Area
- Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
- Beg AA, et al. 1992. Genes Dev. 6: 1899
- Lernbecher T, et al. 1993. Nature. 365: 767.
- Lernbecher T, et al. 1994. EMBO J. 13:4060.
- Sun SC. 2011. Cell Res. 21: 71
- Tao Y, et al. 2018. Ongogene. 37:5887
- Gene ID
- 5971 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about RelB on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.