- W18011A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- TERF2IP, TERF2 Interacting Protein, TERF2-interacting telomeric protein 1, TRF2-interacting telomeric protein 1, Repressor/activator protein 1 homolog, Dopamine receptor-interacting protein 5, DRIP5
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Repressor/activator protein 1 (RAP1), also called telomeric repeat-binding factor 2-interacting protein 1 (TERF2IP), is one of six subunits of the shelterin complex, which regulates telomerase activity and protects telomeric DNA through the generation of t-loops. RAP1 forms a heterodimer with shelterin subunit TRF2 and regulates telomere length, recombination, and transcription. This complex also functions in the repression of homology-directed repair (HDR) and prevents telomere deletions. In the cytoplasm, RAP1 functions as an inhibitor kinase (IKK) adaptor and modulator of the nuclear factor- κB (NF-κB) pathway as well as an activator of NF-κB transcriptional activity. TERF2IP S205 phosphorylation has been implicated in the regulation of activation, apoptosis, and senescence of endothelial cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant human RAP1 protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP, ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.125 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.0 µg/test. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration of 5.0 μg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone does not recognize mouse RAP1.
ICC testing was conducted on Raji cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with either Triton X-100 or methanol. Both methods were compatible with RAP1 staining.
- Product Citations
AB_2876760 (BioLegend Cat. No. 938301)
AB_2876760 (BioLegend Cat. No. 938302)
- RAP1 is a 399 amino acid protein with an expected molecular weight of 55 kD.
- Transcription, Transcription regulation
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, DNA Repair/Replication
- Antigen References
- Cai Y, et al. 2017. Cell Cycle. 16:1765-1773.
- Kotla S, et al. 2019. JCI Insight. 4(9):124867.
- Rai R, et al. 2015. Nat Commun. 7:10881.
- Zhang Y, et al. 2015. Cell Death Discov. 1:15007.
- Gene ID
- 54386 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about RAP1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.