- A17164B (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Rab6A, Rab6B, Rab6
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Rab proteins are small GTPases that are critical for the Golgi apparatus organization. Rab6 is the most abundant Golgi-associated Rab and is expressed in several isoforms, including Rab6aA, Rab6A’, Rab6B, and Rab6C. Rab6A and Rab6A’ are ubiquitously expressed while Rab6B is selectively expressed in neuronal cells. Rab6 isoforms are involved in intra-, early, and post-Golgi trafficking. Rab6 depletion leads to increased Golgi cisternal number and accumulation of vesicles in HeLa cells, suggesting that Rab6 affects the Golgi ribbon organization via regulation of vesicle transport.Product Details
- Human, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human Rab6A
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 1.0 µg per mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The antibody also detects mouse Rab6 A & B. In mouse brain lysates, besides band corresponding to Rab6, it also detects a band at ~50kD that was stronger than the isotype control.
- RAB6 is a 208 amino acid protein with predicted and observed molecular mass of ~ 25 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Ubiquitously expressed
Cellular Distribution: Cytosol, Golgi apparatus, plasma membrane, and endoplasmic reticulum
- Rab6 plays a role in retrograde protein transportation from the plasma membrane to the Golgi apparatus, and the endoplasmic reticulum.
- RAB6IP1, RAB6KIFL, BICD1, BICD2, TMF1, DYNLRB1
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Protein Trafficking and Clearance, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Golgi Markers, Organelle Markers, Postsynaptic proteins, Presynaptic proteins, Synaptic Vesicle Trafficking/Endocytosis
- Antigen References
- Liu S, et al. 2015. Int Rev Cell Mol Biol. 315:1
- Heffernan LF, et al. 2014. Biochem Soc Trans. 42(5):1453
- Fernandes H, et al. 2009. Biochem Soc Trans. 37:1037
- Gene ID
- 5870 View all products for this Gene ID 51560 View all products for this Gene ID 84379 View all products for this Gene ID 363123 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Rab4 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.