- O91F3 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- PSMA6, proteasome subunit alpha type-6, PSA6, 27 kDa prosomal protein, PROS-27, p27K, multicatalytic endopeptidase complex iota chain, proteasome iota chain
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Proteasome subunit-α type-6 protein, or PSMA6, is an essential subunit of the 20S catalytic core proteasome complex. As a component of the complex, it plays a central role in the proteolytic degradation of ubiquitinated proteins, thereby, maintaining protein homeostasis by removing misfolded, damaged, or excess proteins. It is involved in multiple pathways including spermatogenesis and peptide processing for MHC class I binding, and has been proposed as a therapeutic target for lung cancer.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full-length recombinant human PSMA6 protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.05 - 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
O91F3 failed ICC testing; HeLa cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and tested using two permeabilization methods (Methanol and Triton X-100). The clone failed ICC testing due to non-specific staining of cytosol.
IP has not been tested on clone O91F3.
AB_2814522 (BioLegend Cat. No. 670601)
AB_2814523 (BioLegend Cat. No. 670602)
- PSMA6 is a 246 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 27 kD.
- Protein homeostasis, proteostasis
- Biology Area
- Ubiquitin/Protein Degradation
- Antigen References
- Li Z, et al. 2010. Biochem. Cell. Biol. 88:635-48.
- Wenzel T, Baumeister W. 1995. Nat. Struct. Biol. 2:199-204.
- Gene ID
- 5687 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about PSMA6 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.