- N23B/49 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- SHANK, SH3, multiple ankyrin repeat domains protein 3, Proline-rich synapse-associated protein, ProSAP
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
SHANK proteins are adapter proteins that are mainly localized to the post-synaptic densities of excitatory synapses. SHANK interacts with other post-synaptic density proteins such as PSD-95 and Homer to form a complex structure, which anchors glutamate receptors to the post-synaptic membrane.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Fusion protein corresponding to amino acids 84-309 (SH3/PDZ domains) of rat Shank2
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
ICC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Hu J, et al. 2012. Nat Neurosci. 15(6):836 (WB)
- Stanic J, et al. 2015. Nat Commun. doi: 10.1038/ncomms10181. (ICC)
- Yokoi N, et al. 2016. J Neurosci. 36(24):6431 (ICC)
- De Andrade GB, et al. 2014. Mol Vis. 20:1422 (IHC-P)
- Hoy JL, et al. 2013. J. Neurosci. 33(22):9364 (WB)
AB_2728583 (BioLegend Cat. No. 851901)
AB_2728584 (BioLegend Cat. No. 851902)
- SHANK1 is a 2161 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of ~ 225 kD.SHANK2 is a 1470 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of ~ 159 kD.SHANK3 is a 1731 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of ~ 185 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Mainly expressed in the central nervous system, especially in post-synaptic terminals in cerebral cortex and cerebellum.
Cellular Distribution: Mainly located on the plasma membrane.
- Shank is a scaffold protein that forms complex with other post-synaptic proteins and anchors glutamate receptors to the post-synaptic membrane.
- Homer, GKAP/PSD-95, Arp2/3, WAVE1
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Postsynaptic proteins
- Antigen References
- Monteiro P, et al. 2017. Nat Rev Neurosci. 18(3):147
- Gene ID
- 50944 View all products for this Gene ID 22941 View all products for this Gene ID 85358 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Pan-Shank on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.