- 10/FR2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Folate receptor beta (FR-β) is a member of a family of folate binding receptors that have diverse structural identities but mediate transport of folates into cells. FR-β is a GPI-anchored protein with high affinity for folic acid. It is postulated that this receptor function as folate scavengers when folate supply is low or rapid cell growth requires elevated uptake of folate for methylation reactions including DNA biosynthesis. Although this protein was originally thought to be specific to placenta, it can also exist in other tissues, and it may play a role in the transport of methotrexate in synovial macrophages in rheumatoid arthritis patients.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse Folate receptor β transfected cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.125 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Nagai T, et al. 2009. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 1577-86.
AB_2687271 (BioLegend Cat. No. 153302)
- 30 kD, seven disulfide bonds
Placenta, monocytes, tissue resident macrophages
- Transport of folate into cells
- Folic Acid
- Cell Type
- Macrophages, Monocytes
- Antigen References
1. Elwood PC, 1989, J Biol Chem, 264:14893.
2. Shen F, et al, 1994, Biochemistry, 8;33:1209.
3. Yi YS, 2016, Immune Netw,16:337.
- Gene ID
- 14276 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Folate Receptor β on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.