- F15P3B6 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CLG, CLGN, Fibroblast collagenase, Interstitial collagenase, MMP-1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) are zinc-dependent endopeptidases that degrade substances within the extracellular matrix. The MMP family includes six different groups of enzymes: collagenases, gelatinases, stromelysins, transmembrane MMPs, matrilysins and others. MMPs are secreted as proenzymes that have to be cleaved in order to be activated. Other MMPs, plasmins as well as other factors activate MMPs. MMPs are thought to play an important role in tissue remodeling associated with various physiological and pathological processes. MMP1 cleaves collagens of types I, II, III, VII and X.MMP1 is thought to play an important role in rheumatoid and osteo-arthritis pathogenesis as mediators of cartilage and bone destruction. Clone F15P3B6 has been shown to be useful for western blotting and immunohistochemistry of human MMP1.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Ovalbumin-conjugated synthetic peptide CSSFGFPRTVKH
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide at 0.5 mg/ml.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 4 µg/ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Murray G et al. 1998. Gut. 43:791.
- Murray G et al. 1998. J. Pathol. 185:256.
AB_2144281 (BioLegend Cat. No. 634702)
- Belongs to the peptidase M10A family. Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains, predicted molecular weight approximately 54 kD.
- MMP1 cleaves collagens of types I, II, III, VII and X. MMP-1 is thought to play an important role in rheumatoid and osteo-arthritis pathogenesis as mediators of cartilage and bone destruction.
- MCP1, MCP3, MCP4, TIMP-1, MMP7, Collagen type II α1, IBP-3, Integrin α2, CD44, CD147, Brevican, Chymase 1, Aggrecan 1
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators
- Antigen References
1. Boire A, et al. 2005. Cell 120:303
- Gene ID
- 4312 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about MMP-1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.