- 14E6-4E6 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Protein Lin-28 Homolog A,Lin-28A, CSDD1,ZCCHC1, Zinc Finger CCHC Domain-Containing Protein 1
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
LIN28A is a highly conserved RNA-binding protein and reprogramming factor that plays important roles in development, self-renewal of stem cells, glucose metabolism and tumorigenesis. Lin28A modulates not only miRNAs, particularly the let-7 family miRNAs, but also the translation of mRNAs that are important for cell growth and metabolism. LIN28A/B has been observed to be overexpressed in a wide range of solid tumors and hematological malignancies, and has emerged as a new therapeutic target candidate for cancer.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human Lin28A from E. coli
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, ICFC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.025 - 1.0 µg per ml (1:500 - 1:20,000 dilution). For immunocytochemistry, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.06 - 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
HepG2 and HEL cells were selected for specificity testing because they express LIN28B mRNA but lack detectable LIN28A expression (source: Human Protein Atlas).
This clone is specific for Lin28A does not recognize Lin28B.
AB_2562650 (BioLegend Cat. No. 657802)
- 209 amino acids, predicted molecular weight of 28 kD with the characteristic of a cold shock domain (CSD) and two tandem Cys-Cys-His-Cys (CCHC)-type zinc-binding motifs (CCHCx2)
Cytoplasm and nucleus; localizes to cytoplasmic processing bodies and stress granules
- Development, self-renewal of stem cells, glucose metabolism and tumorigenesis; regulates Let-7 family miRNA, translation of mRNA
- EIF3S2, NCL and ZCCHC11/TUT4
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, Immunology, Protein Synthesis, Signal Transduction, Stem Cells
- Antigen References
1. Shyh-Chang N, et al. 2013. Cell Stem Cell. 12:395.
2. Thornton JE, et al. 2012. Trends Cell Biol. 22:474.
3. Huang Y. 2012. Wiley Interdiscip. Rev. RNA. 3:483.
4. Cho J, et al. 2012. Cell. 151:765.
5. Li N, et al. 2012. J. Biol. Chem. 287:17386.
6. Zhu H, et al. 2011. Cell 147:81.
- Gene ID
- 79727 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Lin28A on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-Lin28A||14E6-4E6||WB, ICC, ICFC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.