- 87G (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Human Leukocyte Antigen-G
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
HLA-G is a nonclassical MHC class I (MHC-Ib) molecule structurally related to MHC class Ia (HLA-A,B, C). There are seven isoforms of this molecule, including membrane bound HLA-G1, -G2, -G3 and -G4 and soluble HLA-G5, -G6, and -G7. HLA-G is primarily expressed on trophoblast cells. Its expression is also found on thymic epithelial cells, cytokine-activated moncytes, macrophages/dendritic cells during viral infection, and in various tumors. HLA-G exerts its inhibitory functions to regulate immune tolerance via interaction with inhibitory receptors ILT2(CD85j), ILT4(CD85d), and KIR2DL4(CD158d), which is expressed on NK cells, T cells, monocytes, dendritic cells, and B cells. HLA-G is also able to bind CD8α/α, which may mediate positive and/or negative selection in thymus.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- African Green, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- HLA-G transfected cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
ELISA, IHC-F - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
87G mAb reacts with isoforms of HLA-G1 and -G5. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: restoring HLA-G mediated suppression of allo-T cell proliferation and immunohistochemical staining of frozen tissue sections. Clone 87G is reported not to bind HLA-G in aldehyde fixed samples.4
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Odum N, et al. 1991. Eur. J. Immunol. 21:2121.
- Lila N, et al. 2001. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98:12150.
- Lila N, et al. 2002. Circulation. 105:1949.
- Blaschitz A, et al. 2000. Hum. Immunol. 61:1074.
- Balsamo M, et al. 2012. Eur J. Immunol. 42:1833. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_1227707 (BioLegend Cat. No. 335902)
Trophoblast cells, thymic epithelial cells, cytokine-activated moncytes, macrophages/dendritic cells during viral infection, various tumors
- Inhibit NK and T cell-mediated cytolysis and T cell proliferation, induce apoptosis of activated CD8+ T cells, induce Th2 cytokine production
- ILT2(CD85j), ILT4(CD85d), KIR2DL4(CD158d), CD8α/α
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Epithelial cells, Macrophages, Monocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- MHC Antigens
- Antigen References
1. Hunt JS, et al. 2005. FASEB J. 19:681.
2. Carosella ED, et al. 2008. Blood 111:4862.
- Gene ID
- 3135 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about HLA-G on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-human HLA-G||87G||FC, ELISA, IHC-F|
|PE anti-human HLA-G||87G||FC|
|APC anti-human HLA-G||87G||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human HLA-G||87G||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human HLA-G||87G||FC|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human HLA-G||87G||FC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human HLA-G||87G||FC, ELISA, IHC-F|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.