- BVD2-21C11 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor, CSF-α, Pluripoietin-α, Eosinophil colony stimulating factor (Eo-CSF), Burst promoting activity (BPA)
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Granulocyte/macrophage - colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) is a hematopoietic factor that is produced by activated T cells, B cells, mast cells, macrophages, fibroblasts, and endothelial cells. In addition to supporting colony formation of granulocyte/macrophage progenitors, GM-CSF is a growth factor for erythroid, megakaryocyte, and eosinophil progenitors.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- E. coli-expressed, recombinant human GM-CSF.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
ICFC, IP, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. The purified BVD2-21C11 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated BVD2-23B6 antibody as the detecting antibody, a concentration range of 1-4 µg/ml (BVD2-21C11) is recommended. For flow cytometric application, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. The purified BVD2-21C11 has been tested by blocking fluorochrome conjugated BVD2-21C11 for intracellular cytokine staining. In order to obtain complete blocking results, a saturated amount of purified antibody (≤ 5.0 ug/million cells) should be used for incubation with target cells, prior to staining with fluorochrome conjugated antibody. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: ELISA1-4 or ELISPOT3,4 Detection, Neutralization1, immunohistochemical staining of paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated5,6 and acetone-fixed7 frozen tissue sections, and immunocytochemistry.
Note: For testing human GM-CSF in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 432001 to 432006) are specially developed and recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5. (ELISA, Neut, IP)
- Abrams J, et al. 1994. Eosinophils in Allergy and Inflammation. Marcel Dekker New York. p.133. (ELISA)
- Bacchetta R, et al. 1990. J. Immunol. 144:902. (ELISA)
- Kita H, et al. 1991. J. Exp. Med. 174:745. (ELISA)
- Andersson U, et al. 1999. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag. (IHC)
- Andersson J, et al. 1994. Immunology 83:16. (IHC)
- Rasouli J, et al. 2015. J. Immunol. 11:5085-93. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_315215 (BioLegend Cat. No. 502301)
AB_315216 (BioLegend Cat. No. 502302)
- Cytokine; 22 kD (Mammalian)
- Growth/development factor for granulocyte/macrophage progenitors; differentiates myeloblasts/monoblasts; synergizes with Epo proliferation of erythroid/megakaryocytic progenitors
- Cell Sources
- T cells, macrophages, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, mast cells
- Cell Targets
- Granulocyte/macrophage/erythroid/megakaryocytic progenitors, myeloblasts, monoblasts
- Heterodimer GM-CSFR α subunit (CDw116); β-subunit (CDw131), which is also shared with the IL-3 and IL-5 receptor α chains
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Demetri G, et al. 1991. Blood 78:2791.
3. Fan D, et al. 1991. In vivo 5:571.
4. Negrin R, et al. 1992. Adv. Pharmacol. 23:263.
- Synergistic with IL-1, IL-3, G-CSF; E21R competitive antagonist for receptor binding; stored in ECM with heparan sulfate proteoglycans
- Gene ID
- 1437 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about GM-CSF on UniProt.org
|Biotin anti-human GM-CSF||BVD2-21C11||ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection, ICFC|
|PE anti-human GM-CSF||BVD2-21C11||ICFC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human GM-CSF||BVD2-21C11||ICFC|
|APC anti-human GM-CSF||BVD2-21C11||ICFC|
|Purified anti-human GM-CSF (Maxpar® Ready)||BVD2-21C11||ICFC, CyTOF®|
|Pacific Blue™ anti-human GM-CSF||BVD2-21C11||ICFC|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human GM-CSF||BVD2-21C11||ICFC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human GM-CSF||BVD2-21C11||Neut|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.