- A17096A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Aromatic-L-Amino-Acid Decarboxylase
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
DOPA decarboxylase (DDC) is the enzyme that catalyzes several decarboxylation reactions including the conversion of L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) to dopamine, L-5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) to serotonin, and L-tryotophan to tryptamine. DDC is the rate-limiting enzyme in dopamine synthesis in patients treated with L-DOPA and in serotonin synthesis in people treated with 5-HTP, such as those affected by Parkinson’ disease and Depression, respectively. Therefore, DDC is an important therapeutic target for these disorders. DDC deficiency is associated with severe developmental delay, oculogyric crises, and autonomic dysfunction.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant Human DOPA Decarboxylase (DDC) Protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/ml in human and 0.05 - 10 µg/ml for mouse is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2814635 (BioLegend Cat. No. 869501)
AB_2814636 (BioLegend Cat. No. 869502)
- DDC is a 510 amino acid protein with predicted and observed molecular mass of ~54 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Kidney, colon, adrenal gland, and brain
Cellular Distribution: Cytosol
- DDC catalyzes several decarboxylation reactions in vivo including the conversion of DOPA to dopamine and 5-HTP to serotonin.
- DDC forms Homodimer.
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Oligodendrocytes
- Biology Area
- Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, Enzymes and Regulators
- Antigen References
- Himmelreich N, et al. 2019. Mol Genet Metab. 127(1):12
- Guenter J, et al. 2016. Postepy Hig Med Dosw. 70(0):1424
- Montioli R, et al. 2016. Curr Drug Metab. 17(5):513
- Gene ID
- 1644 View all products for this Gene ID 13195 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about DOPA Decarboxylase on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.