- A18040J (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Cofilin 1, CFL1, CFL
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Cofilin 1 is a ubiquitously expressed actin-regulating protein that binds to and depolymerizes filamentous actin (F-actin), as well as inhibits G-actin polymerization in a pH-dependent mechanism. Cofilin 1 plays a major role in cell migration, particularly tumor cell migration and invasion. A recent study using colorectal cancer as model, compared expression of cofilin 1 in cancer tissue and adjacent non-tumor tissue and suggested that it may be used as a novel diagnostic tumor marker in various cancers4.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human CFL1 recombinant protein (a.a. Met 1 - Leu 166)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.0 - 10 µg per ml. For formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
For WB on brain lysates, 5 – 10 ug/mL is recommended.
- Cofilin 1 is a 166 amino acid protein with an apparent molecular mass of ~19 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Immune system, gastrointestinal tract, lung, testis, and skin
Cellular Distribution: Nucleus, cytosol, plasma membrane, cytoskeleton, and mitochondrion
- Cofilin 1 plays a role in cytoskeleton dynamics by regulating F-actin depolimerization
- HSPH1, LIMK1, F-actin
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, Dopaminergic Neurons, GABAergic Neurons, Glutamatergic Neurons, Mature Neurons, Microglia, Neural Stem Cells, Neurons, Oligodendrocytes
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Cell Proliferation and Viability, Cell Structure, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Cytoskeletal Proteins, GTPases, Scaffold Proteins
- Antigen References
- Kanellos G and Frame MC. 2016. J Cell Sci. 129(17):3211
- Walsh KP, et al. 2014. Prion. 8(6):375
- Xu P, et al. 2018. Front Plant Sci. 9:1528
- Mousavi S, et al. 2018. J Gastrointest Oncol. 9(5):791
- Gene ID
- 1072 View all products for this Gene ID 12631 View all products for this Gene ID 29271 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Cofilin 1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.