- W18156A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Cell Division Cycle 20, Cell Division Cycle Protein 20 Homolog, BA276H19.3, CDC20A, BA276H19.3, p55CDC
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CDC20 is a co-activator of the anaphase-promoting complex or cyclosome (APC/C) and is a cell cycle regulator that initiates the metaphase-to-anaphase transition. In early mitosis, APC/C is phosphorylated by Cdk1 and CDC20 binds to the APC/C. CDC20 activates the APC/C-mediated ubiquitination of anaphase inhibitors, including securin and cyclin B. Degradation of these proteins results in the activation of separase, which cleaves the Scc1 subunit of cohesion complex to trigger chromosome segregation, and thereby promoting mitotic exit.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant human CDC20 protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.0 µg/test. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone does not recognize mouse CDC20.
This clone recognized a ~75 kD protein of unknown origin by western blot and immunoprecipitation. Because of this, we have not tested or recommend this clone for immunocytochemistry.
Due to the presence of the ~75 kD protein of unknown origin in W18156A immunoprecipitates, we do not recommend the clone to be used for co-immunoprecipitation applications.
- CDC20 is a 499 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 55 kD.
- Coactivator/Cell cycle regulator
- Biology Area
- Cell Cycle/DNA Replication
- Antigen References
- Visintin R, et al. 1997. Science. 278: 460.
- Fang G, et al. 1998. Mol. Cell. 2:163.
- Shirayama M, et al. 1999. Nature. 402:203.
- Yu H. 2007. Mol. Cell. 27:3.
- Pesin JA and Orr-Weaver TL. 2008. Annu. Rev. Cell. Dev. Biol. 24:475.
- Izawa D and Pines J. 2011. Nat Cell Biol. 13:223
- Gene ID
- 991 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CDC20 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.