- 5B5/ApoE4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- APO-E, Apolipoprotein E, Apolipoprotein E4, ApoE
Covance Catalog# MMS-5015
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Apolipoprotein E (ApoE) belongs to a class of apolipoproteins that binds to lipids to form lipoproteins. ApoE is produced by the liver and macrophages in peripheral tissues where it regulates cholesterol metabolism. In the central nervous system, ApoE is primarily produced by astrocytes and plays an important role in transporting cholesterol to neurons via ApoE receptors. ApoE has three major isoforms corresponding to three alleles (ApoE2, ApoE3 and ApoE4) that differ from each other by only one or two amino acids at positions 112 and 158. ApoE4 is one of the largest known genetic risk factors for late-onset Alzheimer's disease. Further, ApoE4 has been implicated in several other diseases such as atherosclerosis, impaired cognitive function and multiple sclerosis.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a peptide sequence derived from the human APO E4 protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration of 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2734565 (BioLegend Cat. No. 811602)
AB_2564759 (BioLegend Cat. No. 811601)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Trafficking and Clearance
- Gene ID
- 348 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Apo E4 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All Apo E4 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-Apo E4||5B5/ApoE4||IHC-P|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.