- 4G9-B6-F6 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Aldo-keto reductase family 1 member B1, Aldehyde reductase, Aldose reductase, AR
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Aldo-keto reductase 1 member B1 (AKR1B1) is a member of AKR superfamily and catalyzes the NADPH-dependent reduction of a wide range of carbonyl-containing compounds to their corresponding metabolites. It also plays an important role in glucose metabolism. Elevated expression levels of AKR1B1 correlate with breast cancer, neuroinflammation, and astrocyte proliferation via modulating energy metabolism.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Purified recombinant human AKR1B1 protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.2 - 5.0 µg/mL. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 1.0 - 10 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Human aldose reductase is a 316 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular mass of 36 kD.
Tissue distribution: Expressed in a wide range of tissues
Cellular distribution: Nucleus, cytosol, extracellular, mitochondrion, lysosome
- AKR1B1 plays an important role in cellular metabolism.
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, Neurons
- Biology Area
- Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators
- Antigen References
- Chen X, et al. 2018. Neurochem Res. 43(8):1491-1499.
- Steinhauser CB, et al. 2016. Biol Reprod. 95(5):108.
- Wu X, et al. 2017. J Exp Med. 214(4):1065-1079.
- Han J, et al. 2016. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 113(50):14283-14288.
- Gene ID
- 231 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Aldose Reductase on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.