- W17184B (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Tumor Protein P53 Binding Protein 1, TP53-Binding Protein 1, P53-Binding Protein 1, P53BP1, Tumor Suppressor P53-Binding Protein 1, TDRD30, P202
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
p53-binding protein 1 (53BP1) was first discovered as an interacting partner of p53 tumor suppressor protein in a yeast two-hybrid screening. 53BP1 binds to p53 through a BRCA1 C-terminal (BRCT) domain and enhances p53-dependent transcriptional activation. 53BP1 has been studied extensively for its function in the regulation of DNA double-strand break (DSB) repair pathway. Additionally, it promotes non-homologous end joining (NHEJ) while inhibiting homologous recombination (HR) by preventing DNA end resection. Upon DSB, the ubiquitin ligase RNF168 ubiquitylates lysine 15 on histone H2A/H2AX, which serves as a binding site for 53BP1. 53BP1 is then phosphorylated by ATM, which facilitates the recruitment of downstream effector proteins, including PTIP and RIF1. 53BP1-mediated NHEJ is essential for V(D)J recombination and class switch recombination.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant human 53BP1 protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 μg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone recognizes both human and mouse 53BP1.
This clone was tested for ICC using both Triton X-100 and methanol permeabilization with both methods showing correct staining.
This clone failed IP testing.
Predicted MW of 53BP1 is 214 kD but the observed MW is ~350kD. An identical observed MW was noted when comparing to other control antibodies on the market. Similar differences in predicted and observed molecular weights are reported with other antibodies on the market.
- 53BP1 is a 1972 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 214 kD.
- DNA damage response
- Biology Area
- DNA Repair/Replication
- Antigen References
- Iwabuchi K, et al. 1994. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 91:6098.
- Wang B, et al. 2002. Science. 298:1435.
- Difilippantonio S, et al. 2008. Nature. 456:529.
- Bunting SF, et al. 2010. Cell. 141:243.
- Cuella-Martin R, et al. 2016. Molecular Cell. 64:51.
- Gene ID
- 7158 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about 53BP1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.