- A18010A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Eukaryotic Translation Initiation Factor 4E Binding Protein 1, Phosphorylated Heat- And Acid-Stable Protein Regulated By Insulin 1, PHAS-I
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
In eukaryotes, the mTOR kinase signaling pathway links cell growth and proliferation with nutrient availability. Under nutrient-deplete conditions, eukaryotic translation initiations factor 4E-binding protein 1 (4EBP1) binds the general translation factor eIF4E, resulting in an attenuation of cap-dependent translation. Under nutrient-replete conditions, mTORC1 and mTORC2 complexes phosphorylate 4EBP1 at Threonine 70 and disrupt the formation of the 4EBP1-eIF4E complex, thereby alleviating the repressive function of 4EBP1.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to human 4EBP1 phosphorylated at Threonine 70
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.25 - 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone has not been tested for ICC and IP.
AB_2814468 (BioLegend Cat. No. 619601)
AB_2814469 (BioLegend Cat. No. 619602)
- 4EBP1 is a 118 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 13 kD.
Cytosol and nucleus/ubiquitously expressed
- Regulation of global translation
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Proliferation and Viability, Protein Synthesis, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Brunn GJ, et al. 1997. Nature. 277:99.
- Hara K, et al. 2002. Cell. 110:177.
- Ekim B, et al. 2011. Mol. Cell Biol. 31:2787.
- Gene ID
- 1978 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about 4EBP1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.