- A17012A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Signal Transduced Activator of Transcription 1, Transcription Factor ISGF-3 components p91/p84
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
STAT1, also known as signal transduction and activator of transcription 1, is a ubiquitously expressed cytoplasmic protein and is activated in response to cytokine signaling, including IFN-α, IFN-γ, EGF, PDGF, and IL-6. Upon activation, STAT1 is phosphorylated at Tyrosine 701 (Tyr701) by receptor-associated kinases, including JAK1, JAK2, and TYK2. This results in STAT1 dimerization and subsequent translocation to the nucleus, where it functions as a transcriptional activator. STAT1 is involved in IFN-mediated immune responses, and STAT1-deficient mice are highly sensitive to bacterial and viral infections.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular flow cytometry using our True-Phos™ Perm Buffer in Cell Suspensions Protocol. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone A17012A recognizes STAT1 phosphorylated at Tyrosine 701 (Tyr701).
When using this clone for ICC, we recommend using methanol to permeabilize fixed cells.
AB_2814500 (BioLegend Cat. No. 666407)
AB_2814501 (BioLegend Cat. No. 666408)
- Two isoforms of STAT1 exist as a result of alternative splicing. Isoform α is a 750 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 87 kD; the β isoform is a 712 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 83 kD.
Ubiquitous tissue expression, nucleoplasmic-cytosolic distribution
- Immune response activation, cell signaling
- STAT1, STAT2, IRF9, ERBB4, JAK1, JAK2, TYK2, TNK1, SHP2
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers, Phospho-Proteins
- Antigen References
- Moretti S, et al. 2017. J. Biol. Chem. 292: 1785.
- Wei J, et al. 2015. J. Immunol. 195: 2870.
- Sung PS, et al. 2015. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 112: 10443
- Ooi EL, et al. 2014. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 111: 1909.
- Wu TR, et al. 2002. J. Biol. Chem. 277: 47572.
- Horvath, et al. 1996. J. Virol. 70: 647.
- Haque SJ, et al. 1995. J. Biol. Chem. 270: 25709.
- Gene ID
- 6772 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about STAT1 Phospho Tyr701 on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
|Purified anti-STAT1 Phospho (Tyr701)||A17012A||WB, ICFC, ICC, ChIP|
|Go-ChIP-Grade™ Purified anti-STAT1 Phospho (Tyr701)||A17012A||ChIP, WB, ICFC, ICC|
|PE anti-STAT1 Phospho (Tyr701)||A17012A||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-STAT1 Phospho (Tyr701)||A17012A||ICFC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-STAT1 Phospho (Tyr701)||A17012A||ICFC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.