- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL-1β Pre-coated ELISA Kit, Human IL-1β Interleukin-1β, Catabolin, Hematopoietin-1 (H1), IFN-β-inducing factor, Interleukin-β, Osteoclast activating factor (OAF),
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|437007||1 Pre-coated Plate||£239.00|
IL-1 refers to two proteins, IL-1a and IL-1β which are the products of distinct genes, but which are recognized by the same cell surface receptors. IL-1β is a potent immuno-modulator which mediates a wide range of immune and inflammatory responses including the activation of B and T cells. IL-1β is expressed in several cell types, including monocytes, tissue macrophages, Langerhan cells, dendritic cells, T lymphocytes, B lymphocytes, and natural killer cells. IL-1β is upregulated by TNF-a, IFN-a, IFN-β, IFN-?, bacterial endotoxins, viruses, mitogens, and antigens; while IL-1β is downregulated by IL-6, lipoproteins, lipids, and a2-macroglobulin. IL-1β plays a role in many physiological and pathological conditions including rheumatoid arthritis and cancer.
BioLegend’s LEGEND MAX™ Human IL-1β ELISA Kit is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA), in which, a Human IL-1β specific monoclonal antibody is pre-coated on a 96-well strip-well plate.
BioLegend’s LEGEND MAX™ Human IL-1β ELISA Kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of Human IL-1β from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma or other bodily fluids. It is ready-to-use, accurate, and sensitive.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human IL-1β Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human IL-1β Dectection Antibody
- Human IL-1β Standard
- Avidin-HRP D
- Assay Buffer D
- Matrix E (for serum and plasma samples only)
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- Application Notes
BioLegend's mouse and human IL-1ß ELISA kits use antibodies raised against the mature form of IL-1ß. However, because pro-IL-1ß contains the mature form, these antibodies likely recognize both the pro- and the mature forms of the protein. The human IL-1ß ELISA kits have been shown to equally recognize both pro- and mature forms of IL-1ß.
- Product Citations
- 0.5 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 2.0-125 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- Cell Sources
- Monocytes, tissue macrophages, Langerhans cells, dendritic cells, T and B cells, natural killer (NK) cells, large granular lymphocytes (LGL), vascular endothelium, smooth muscle, fibroblasts, thymic epithelia, astrocytes, microglia, glioma, keratinocytes,
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 3553 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-1beta on UniProt.org
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should be identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- Do your IL-1β ELISA kits detect pro-IL-1β or the mature form?
The antibodies in our IL-1β kits were generated against the mature form of the protein. However, because the pro-form of the protein contains the mature form, the antibodies should detect both forms.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.