- Other Names
- IFNα2, IFNa2, IFNalpha2, IFN alpha 2, Interferon Alpha 2, IFN alpha A, IFNa2a, IFNa2b, IFNa2c
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
This product is currently available at 50% of list price. Promotional pricing cannot be combined with other discounts. Price reduction will be reflected during checkout.
If you are a customer who orders via a distributor, please contact your distributor for eligibility.
Note: This product does not include ELISA microwell plates. Cat. No. 423501 is recommended.
Interferon alpha-2 (IFN-α2) is a cytokine encoded by the IFNA2 gene located on chromosome 9. It belongs to the Type 1 IFN family which includes 13 α subtypes, 1 β, and 1 ω. IFN-α2 was the first of these subtypes to be produced pharmaceutically and is the most widely studied. The mature secreted protein consists of 165 amino acids with 5 α-helices and two disulfide bonds. There are a several allelic variants of IFN-α2, including IFN-α2a, IFN-α2b, and IFN-α2c. IFN-α2 can act on all cell types due to the ubiquitous expression of the Type 1 IFN receptor (IFNAR).
IFN-α2 acts to combat infection by stimulating the production of proteins that inhibit viral replication and prevent viral entry into neighboring cells. IFN-α2 can stimulate the immune system by initiating T and NK cell mediated cytotoxicity. IFN-α2 also can inhibit cancer cell proliferation and activate immune system to target cancer cells. IFN-α2 has been used therapeutically in a variety of viral infections (including hepatitis B and C) and certain cancers (such as melanoma, renal cell carcinoma).
The BioLegend Human IFN-α2 ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Set is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA). The human IFN-α2 capture antibody is first coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are added to the wells and free IFN-α2 binds to the immobilized capture antibody. Next, biotinylated anti-human IFN-α2 detection antibody is added, producing an antibody-antigen-antibody “sandwich”. Avidin horseradish peroxidase is subsequently added, followed by TMB Substrate Solution, producing a blue color in proportion to the concentration of IFN-α2 present in the sample. Finally, the Stop Solution changes the reaction color from blue to yellow, and the microwell absorbance is read at 450 nm with a microplate reader. Different IFN-α2 allelic variants can be detected equally.
- Kit Contents
- Human IFN-α2 ELISA MAX™ Capture Antibody (200X)
- Human IFN-α2 ELISA MAX™ Detection Antibody (200X)
- Human IFN-α2 Standard
- Matrix Diluent A
- Avidin-HRP (1000X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Coating Buffer B (5X)
- Assay Diluent A
- Lot-Specific Certificate of Analysis/ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Set Protocol
- As a part of BioLegend's efforts to go green, each new lot of the ELISA MAX™ sets will include a summarized version of its manual. Click here for more information.
- 2.94 pg/mL with assay buffer and 2.57 pg/mL with matrix
- Standard Range
- 12.5-800 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microwell plates: BioLegend Cat. No. 423501 is recommended
- Wash Buffer: BioLegend Cat. No. 421601 is recommended, or PBS + 0.05% Tween-20
- Stop Solution: BioLegend Cat. No. 423001 is recommended, or acid solution, e.g. 2N H2SO4
- Plate Sealers: BioLegend Cat. No. 423601 is recommended
- PBS (Phosphate-Buffered Saline): 8.0 g NaCl, 1.16 g Na2HPO4, 0.2 g KH2PO4, 0.2 g KCl, add deionized water to 1 L; pH to 7.4, 0.2 μm filtered
- Deionized (DI) water
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 2 μL to 1 mL
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Absorbent paper
- Do the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets come with plates?
No, ELISA MAX™ Deluxe sets no longer come with plates, but Coating Buffer and Assay Diluent (for blocking and dilutions) are included in the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets. Plates can be ordered separately (Cat. No. 423501), and instructions on coating the plates are in the sets’ product manuals.