- 2E12 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Tripeptidyl Peptidase 1, Tripeptidyl Aminopeptidase, TPP-1, LPIC, Ceroid-Lipofuscinosis, Neuronal 2, Spinocerebellar Ataxia, Autosomal Recessive 7, Tripeptidyl-Peptidase 1, Tripeptidyl-Peptidase I, TPP I , SCAR7, GIG1
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
TPP1 is a member of the sedolisin family of serine proteases. The proenzyme is activated in the lysosome by auto-proteolysis where it cleaves tripeptides from the N-termini of substrates. Mutations of TPP1 are associated with late-infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis and Spinocerebellar Ataxia, Autosomal Recessive 7.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant mature human TPP1 expressed in E. coli.
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone does not recognize rodent (mouse or rat) TPP1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Wujek P, et al. 2004. J. Biol. Chem. 279:12827-39.
AB_2783421 (BioLegend Cat. No. 852203)
AB_2783422 (BioLegend Cat. No. 852204)
- Human TPP1 is a 563 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 61 kD. An isoform of 34.5 kD and 320 amino acids (244-563) is generated by alternative splicing.
Tissue sources: Ubiquitously expressed. Highest levels in heart, placenta, bone marrow, lung, pineal, and lymphocytes.
Cellular distribution: Lysosome and extracellular.
- TPP1 cleaves tripeptides from the N-termini of substrates in lysosomes and has endopeptidase activity.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Proteases, Enzymes and Regulators
- Antigen References
- Getty AL, Pearce DA. 2011. Cell Mol. Life Sci. 68:453-74.
- Cárcel-Trullols J, et al. 2015. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 2242-55.
- Kyttälä A, et al. 2006. Biochim Biophys Acta. 920-33.
- Gene ID
- 1200 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TPP1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.