Analyte Specific Reagent. Analytical and performance characteristics are not established.
- Other Names
- Cyt c
- Mouse IgG1, κ
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Cytochrome c is a 15 kD protein found in the mitochondrial intermembrane space with a heme-binding domain. Cytochrome c is a component of the electron transport chain; the heme group transfers electrons from cytochrome b-c1 complex to cytochrome oxidase complex. Cytochrome c initiates apoptosis by release to cytoplasm and binding Apaf-1 which activates procaspase 9. Cytochrome c interacts with the cytochrome b-c1 complex, cytochrome oxidase complex, heme, Apaf-1, and Caspase 9 proteins. The 6H2.B4 monoclonal antibody recognizes human, mouse, and rat cytochrome-c and has been shown to be useful for intracellular flow cytometric staining, Western blotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunofluorescence staining.Product Details
- Mouse, Rat, Human
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA) and a stabilizer.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- 200 µg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
Suggested for Flow Cytometry
Precautions for Use: Use appropriate personal protective equipment and safety practices per universal precautions when working with this reagent. Refer to the reagent safety data sheet.
- Antigen References
1. Liu X, et al. 1996. Cell. 86:147.
2. Li P, et al. 1997. Cell. 91:479.
3. Zhang Z, et al. 2003. Gene 312:61.
4. Ferguson H, et al. 2003. J. Biol. Chem. 278:45793.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.