- C1.7 (See other available formats)
- VII 70350
- Other Names
- 2B4, SLAMF4
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD244, known as 2B4, is a 38 kD type I transmembrane protein. It is a member of the CD2 subset of the immunoglobulin superfamily (IgSF) molecules. CD244 is expressed on NK cells, a subset of T cells (including most CD8+ T cells and γ/δ T cells), monocytes, basophils, and eosinophils. CD48 is the ligand of CD244. It has been reported that ligation of human CD244 results in enhanced NK cell cytotoxicity and cytokine production. Recent studies have shown that human CD244, like murine CD244, has both activating and inhibitory functions, which are dependent on the density of surface 2B4 expression, degree of ligation, and the level of the adaptor molecule SAP expression.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 605™ under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated Brilliant Violet 605™ and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 605™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 603 nm. The bandpass filter 610/20 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 605™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: inducing cytokine production by NK cells, enhancing NK cytotoxicity, and Western blotting.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
AB_2814197 (BioLegend Cat. No. 329535)
AB_2814198 (BioLegend Cat. No. 329536)
- 38 kD type I transmembrane protein, CD2 family member, Ig superfamily
NK, T subset, monocytes, basophils, and eosinophils
- Activation and inhibition of NK cell function
- Cell Type
- Basophils, Eosinophils, Monocytes, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Lee KM, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 170:4881.
2. Chlewicki LK, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:8159.
3. Messmer B, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:4646.
4. Boles KS, et al. 2001. Immunol. Rev. 181:234.
- Gene ID
- 51744 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD244 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.