- 53-7.3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Lyt-1, Ly-1, T1, Tp67, Ly-12
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD5 is a 67 kD protein, also known as Lyt-1, Ly-1, T1, Tp67, or Ly-12. It is a member of the scavenger receptor cysteine-rich protein superfamily (SRCR) and primarily expressed on thymocytes, T cells, and B-1 cells. Although mature α/β T cells express high levels of CD5, very few γ/δ T cells express this antigen. The interaction of CD5 with CD72, gp35-37, TCR, or BCR is involved in T and B cell activation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse thymus or spleen
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- µg sizes: 0.2 mg/mLµL sizes: lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining using the µg size, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.03 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application. Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, and immunohistochemistry2 of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections, zinc-fixed paraffin-embedded sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Ledbetter JA, et al. 1979. Immunol. Rev. 47:63. (IP)
- Ledbetter JA, et al. 1980. J. Exp. Med. 152:280. (FC, IHC)
- Bourdeau A, et al. 2007. Blood doi:10.1182/blood-2006-08-044370.
- Product Citations
AB_2562173 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100617)
AB_2565430 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100629)
AB_2562174 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100618)
- Member of the scavenger receptor cysteine-rich protein superfamily (SRCR), 67 kD
Thymocytes, T cells, B-1 cells
- Negative regulator of T-B cell interaction
- CD72, gp35-37
- Cell Type
- B cells, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Kipps TJ. 1988. Adv. Immunol. 47:117.
3. Antin JH, et al. 1985. J. Immunol. 136:505.
4. Tarakhovsky A, et al. 1995. Science 269:535.
- Gene ID
- 12507 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD5 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Biotin anti-mouse CD5
FITC anti-mouse CD5
PE anti-mouse CD5
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse CD5
Purified anti-mouse CD5
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse CD5
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD5
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD5
PerCP anti-mouse CD5
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD5
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD5
Purified anti-mouse CD5 (Maxpar® Ready)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD5
APC anti-mouse CD5
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-mouse CD5
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse CD5
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse CD5
TotalSeq™-A0111 anti-mouse CD5
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse CD5
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse CD5
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse CD5
TotalSeq™-B0111 anti-mouse CD5
TotalSeq™-C0111 anti-mouse CD5
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD5