- Poly5250 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- PCSK9, PC9, NARC1, Neural Apoptosis Regulated Convertase 1
- Goat Polyclonal Ig
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin 9 (PCSK9) belongs to the proteinase K subfamily of subtilases and is expressed as a soluble zymogen that undergoes autocatalytic intramolecular processing in the endoplasmic reticulum. It is a 692 amino acid (aa) glycoprotein with an overall domain structure similar to other proprotein convertase members. It is comprised of a signal peptide (aa 1–30), a pro segment (aa 31–152), a catalytic domain (aa 153–407), a hinge region (aa 408–452), and a C-terminal Cys-His-rich domain (aa 453–692).
The biological roles of PCSK9 are closely related to its binding partners, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and LDL receptor (LDLR). At the cell surface, secreted PCSK9 binds at a neutral pH to the EGF-A-like repeat of the LDLR via its catalytic domain. The binding of PCSK9 to LDLR enhances the degradation of the LDLR in endosomes/lysosomes, which results in increased circulating LDL-cholesterol (LDL-C). Thus, PCSK9 has gained attention as a pharmacological target for cardiovascular diseases and atherosclerosis. It also binds to the Apoliprotein B (ApoB) in LDL, although its role in this complex is not clearly understood. Due to the interaction of PCSK9 with LDLR, the levels of free PCSK9 or its complexed forms are important indicators for measuring risk of cardiovascular diseases or response to a therapy.
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated biotin.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA Detection applications, a concentration range of 0.1 - 1.0 µg/mL is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of PCSK9 recombinant protein ranging from 58.6 to 3750 pg/mL is recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The biotinylated Poly5250 antibody is useful as the detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with purified M1118E3 antibody (Cat. No. 537502) as the detection antibody and Recombinant Human PCSK9 (ELISA Std.) (Cat. No. 592509)
AB_2783339 (BioLegend Cat. No. 525004)
Hepatocytes, neuro-epithelioma, colon carcinoma, Schwann cells
- PCSK9 regulates LDLR, VLDLR, APOER, and APOER2 levels, and, therefore LDLc level. PCSK9 is regulated by SREBP-2
- Ligand Receptor
- LDLR, VLDLR, APOB, LRP1, LRP8
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators
- Antigen References
- Seidah NG, et al. 2003. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 100:928.
- Naureckiene S, et al. 2003. Arch Biochem Biophys. 420:55.
- Costet P, et al. 2008. Trends Biochem Sci. 33:426.
- Tibolla G, et al. 2011. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 21:835.
- Gene ID
- 255738 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about PCSK9 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.