- MEL-14 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- L-selectin, LECAM-1, Ly-22, LAM-1, MEL-14
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD62L is a 74-95 kD glycoprotein also known as L-selectin, LECAM-1, Ly-22, LAM-1, and MEL-14. It is a member of the selectin family and is expressed on the majority of B and naïve T cells, a subset of memory T cells, monocytes, granulocytes, most thymocytes, and a subset of NK cells. CD62L is important in lymphocyte homing to high endothelial venules (HEV) in peripheral lymph nodes and leukocyte "rolling" on activated endothelium. CD62L also contributes to neutrophil emigration at inflammatory sites. CD62L is rapidly shed from lymphocytes and neutrophils upon cellular activation and the expression levels of CD62L (in conjunction with other markers) have been used to distinguish naïve, effector, and memory T cells. CD62L has been reported to interact with CD34, GlyCAM-1, and MAdCAM-1.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- C3H/eb mouse B lymphoma 38C-13
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 488 has a maximum emission of 519 nm when it is excited at 488 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1-3, complement-dependent cytotoxicity4, in vivo and in vitro blocking of adhesion1-3,5, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections and zinc-fixed paraffin-embedded sections6. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 104457-104462).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Gallatin WM, et al. 1983. Nature 304:30. (IP, Block)
- Siegelman MH, et al. 1990. Cell 61:611. (IP, Block)
- Lewinsohn DM, et al. 1987. J. Immunol. 138:4313. (IP, Block)
- Iwabuchi K, et al. 1991. Immunobiology 182:161. (CMCD)
- Pizcueta P, et al. 1994. Am. J. Pathol. 145:461.
- Reichert RA, et al. 1986. J. Immunol. 136:3535. (IHC, FC)
- Olver S, et al. 2006. Cancer Res. 66:571.
- Fukushima A, et al. 2006. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 47:657. PubMed
- Benson MJ, et al. 2007. J. Exp. Med. doi:10.1084/jem.20070719. (FC) PubMed
- Chappaz S, et al. 2007. Blood doi:10.1182/blood-2007-02-074245. (FC) PubMed
- Lee JW, et al. 2006. Nature Immunol. 8:181.
- Shigeta A, et al. 2008. Blood 112:4915 (FC) PubMed
- de Vries VC, et al. 2009. Am. J. Transplant. 9:2270 PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_493377 (BioLegend Cat. No. 104419)
AB_493376 (BioLegend Cat. No. 104420)
- Selectin, 95 kD (neutrophils) or 74 kD (lymphocytes)
Subsets of B and T cells, monocytes, granulocytes, subset of NK cells
- Lymphocyte homing to HEV, rolling on activated endothelium
- CD34, GlyCAM-1, MAdCAM-1
- Cell Type
- B cells, Granulocytes, Monocytes, Neutrophils, NK cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Kishimoto TK, et al. 1990. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 87:2244.
3. Tedder TF, et al. 1995. J. Exp. Med. 181:2259.
- Gene ID
- 20343 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD62L on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-mouse CD62L
Biotin anti-mouse CD62L
FITC anti-mouse CD62L
PE anti-mouse CD62L
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse CD62L
Purified anti-mouse CD62L
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD62L
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD62L
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD62L
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse CD62L
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse CD62L
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD62L
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD62L
PerCP anti-mouse CD62L
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD62L
Brilliant Violet 570™ anti-mouse CD62L
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse CD62L
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse CD62L
Purified anti-mouse CD62L (Maxpar® Ready)
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse CD62L
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-mouse CD62L
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse CD62L
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse CD62L
TotalSeq™-A0112 anti-mouse CD62L
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-mouse CD62L
TotalSeq™-C0112 anti-mouse CD62L
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD62L
KIRAVIA Blue 520™ anti-mouse CD62L
TotalSeq™-B0112 anti-mouse CD62L