- UC10-4B9 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Cytotoxic T Lymphocyte-Associated Antigen-4 (CTLA-4), Ly-56
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD152, also known as CTLA-4 or Ly-56, is a 33 kD member of the immunoglobulin superfamily. It is expressed on activated T and B lymphocytes. CD152 is similar to CD28 in amino acid sequence, structure, and genomic organization and these two receptors share common B7 family counter-receptors (B7-1, B7-2). Whereas CD28 delivers a costimulatory signal in T cell activation, CTLA-4 negatively regulates cell-mediated immune responses. CD152 is thought to play a role in the induction and maintenance of immunological tolerance as well as the development of protective immunity and thymocyte regulation.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Mouse CTLA-4-mouse IgG2a fusion protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IP, ELISA, Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The UC10-4B9 antibody can enhance T cell co-stimulation by blocking CTLA-4 interactions with the B7 co-receptors, favoring CD28 interactions. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, in vitro stimulation, in vitro and in vivo blocking1-4 of ligand binding, and as ELISA capture antibody5. To reduce non-specific binding to cells bearing Fc-receptors, pre-incubation of cells with anti-mouse CD16/CD32, clone 93 (Cat. No. 101301/101302), is recommended prior to immunofluorescent staining. For most successful immunofluorescent staining results, it may be important to maximize signal over background by using a relatively bright fluorochrome-antibody conjugate (Cat. No. 106306) or by using a high sensitivity, three-layer staining technique (e.g., including a biotinylated anti-Armenian hamster IgG (Cat. No. 405501) second step, followed by SAv-PE (Cat. No. 405204)). The Ultra LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 106327).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Walunas TL, et al. 1994. Immunity 1:405. (Block, IP)
- Cilio CM, et al. 1998. J. Exp. Med. 188:1239. (Block)
- Issazadeh S, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:761. (Block)
- McCoy K, et al. 1997. J. Exp. Med. 186:183. (Block)
- Hsu HC, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:5357. (ELISA Capture)
- Sugita S, et al. 2010. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 51:5783. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_313251 (BioLegend Cat. No. 106302)
- Ig superfamily, 33 kD
Activated T cells and B cells
- Negative regulator of T cell activation
- CD80 (B7-1), CD86 (B7-2)
- Cell Type
- B cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Allison JP, et al. 1995. Science 270:932.
3. Waterhouse P, et al. 1995. Science 270:985.
4. Linsley PS, et al. 1991. J. Exp. Med. 174:561.
- Gene ID
- 12477 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD152 on UniProt.org
|Biotin anti-mouse CD152||UC10-4B9||FC|
|PE anti-mouse CD152||UC10-4B9||FC|
|Purified anti-mouse CD152||UC10-4B9||FC, IP, ELISA, Block|
|APC anti-mouse CD152||UC10-4B9||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD152||UC10-4B9||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD152||UC10-4B9||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD152||UC10-4B9||FC|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse CD152||UC10-4B9||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse CD152||UC10-4B9||FC|
|TotalSeq™-A0388 anti-mouse CD152||UC10-4B9||PG|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD152||UC10-4B9||FC, IP, ELISA, Block|
|TotalSeq™-C0388 anti-mouse CD152||UC10-4B9||PG|
|TotalSeq™-B0388 anti-mouse CD152||UC10-4B9||PG|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Biotin anti-mouse CD152
PE anti-mouse CD152
Purified anti-mouse CD152
APC anti-mouse CD152
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD152
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD152
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD152
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse CD152
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse CD152
TotalSeq™-A0388 anti-mouse CD152
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD152
TotalSeq™-C0388 anti-mouse CD152
TotalSeq™-B0388 anti-mouse CD152