- H22 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interferon-γ, Immune interferon, Type II interferon, T cell interferon, Macrophage-activating factor (MAF)
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Interferon-γ is a potent multifunctional cytokine which is secreted primarily by activated NK cells and T cells. Originally characterized based on anti-viral activities, IFN-γ also exerts anti-proliferative, immunoregulatory, and proinflammatory activities. IFN-γ can upregulate MHC class I and II antigen expression by antigen-presenting cells.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Recombinant full-length murine IFN-γ
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
WB - Quality tested
Neut, ELISA, ICC, IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 µg per mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The purified H22 antibody is useful in mouse IFN-γ ELISA, immunofluorescence and immunoprecipitation applications. For in vitro or in vivo neutralization applications, it is suggested to use LEAF™ Purified H22. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schreiber RD, et al. 1985. J. Immunol. 134:1609.
- Williams RO, et al. 1993. Clin. Exp. Immunol. 92:323
- Steed AL, et al. 2006. J. Virol. 80:192.
- Wu LL, et al. 2014. Am J Pathol. 184:2260. PubMed
AB_2810650 (BioLegend Cat. No. 513212)
AB_2810648 (BioLegend Cat. No. 513210)
AB_2810649 (BioLegend Cat. No. 513211)
AB_2810645 (BioLegend Cat. No. 513207)
AB_2810646 (BioLegend Cat. No. 513208)
AB_2810647 (BioLegend Cat. No. 513209)
- Cytokine; dimer; 40-80 kD (Mammalian)
- Upregulated by IL-2, FGF-basic, EGF; downregulated by 1-α-25-Dihydroxy vitamin D3, dexamethasone
- T cells, B cells, macrophages, NK cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts
- IFN-γRα (CDw119) dimerized with IFN-γRβ (AF-1)
- Antiviral/antiparasitic activities; inhibits proliferation; enhances MHC class I and II expression on APC
- Cell Sources
- CD8+ and CD4+ T cells, NK cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. De Maeyer E, et al. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:321
3. Farrar M, et al. 1993. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 11:571
4. Gray P, et al. 1987. Lymphokines 13:151
- Gene ID
- 15978 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IFN-gamma on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Other FormatsView All IFN-γ Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-mouse IFN-γ||H22||WB,ELISA,ICC,IP|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse IFN-γ||H22||WB,Neut,ELISA,ICC,IP|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.