- 58A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- MPZ, Myelin Protein Zero
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Myelin protein zero (MPZ), is a membrane glycoprotein mainly expressed in the peripheral nervous system (PNS). It is the major structural component of the myelin sheath, and accounts for at least 50% of all proteins in the PNS. MPZ is expressed by Schewann cells. Mutations in MPZ have been associated with myelin deficiency, which may lead to neuropathies including charcot-Marie-Tooth and Dejerine-Sottas diseases.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 2.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 488 has a maximum emission of 519 nm when it is excited at 488 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Yoshimura K, et al. 1996. Neurosci Res. 25(1):41 (WB, IHC, ELISA)
AB_2814591 (BioLegend Cat. No. 862207)
AB_2814592 (BioLegend Cat. No. 862208)
- MPZ is a 248 amino acid protein with an apparent molecular mass of ~ 28 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Peripheral nervous system
Cellular Distribution: Plasma membrane, extracellular, endoplasmic reticulum, and lysosome
- MPZ is an adhesion molecule involved in the formation of myelin sheath in the peripheral nervous system.
- Forms homodimer and homotetramer
- Biology Area
- Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules
- Antigen References
- Chiò A and Lauria G. 2016. Lancet Neurol. 15(1):12
- Brennan KM, et al. 2015. Neurosci Lett. 596:14
- Tazir M, et al. 2014. J Neurol Sci. 347(1-2):14
- Gene ID
- 4359 View all products for this Gene ID 17528 View all products for this Gene ID 24564 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Myelin Protein Zero on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-Myelin Protein Zero||58A||IHC-P, WB|
|HRP anti-Myelin Protein Zero||58A||WB, IHC-P|
|Biotin anti-Myelin Protein Zero||58A||IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Myelin Protein Zero||58A||IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-Myelin Protein Zero||58A||IHC-P|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.