- HM48-1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- BCM1, SLAMF2, Blast-1
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD48 is a 45 kD GPI-anchored glycoprotein also known as BCM1, Blast-1 (human), and OX-45 (rat). It is a member of the Ig superfamily, expressed on T and B cells and monocytes/macrophages. It plays a role in adhesion and T cell recognition. The primary ligands for CD48 are CD2 and CD244.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Mouse T lymphoma MBL-2
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 488 has a maximum emission of 519 nm when it is excited at 488 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Application Notes
The HM48-1 antibody is useful for blocking in vitro and in vivo CD48 mediated interactions. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, costimulation of T cell proliferation1,2, blocking of CD48-CD2 interaction1, and inhibition of CTL activity and graft rejection1,2. For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. Nos. 103452-103456) with a lower endotoxin limit (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kato K, et al. 1992. J. Exp. Med. 176:1241. (IP, Costim, Block)
- Qin L, et al. 1994. J. Exp. Med. 179:341. (Costim, Block)
- Product Citations
AB_571979 (BioLegend Cat. No. 103414)
- Ig superfamily, 45 kD
T cells and B cells, monocytes/macrophages
- Adhesion, T cell recognition
- CD2, CD244
- Cell Type
- B cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, T cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Flament C, et al. 1996. Hum. Immunol. 46:82.
3. Van der Merwe PA, et al. 1995. Curr. Biol. 5:74.
4. Latchman Y, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 161:5809.
- Gene ID
- 12506 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD48 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
FITC anti-mouse CD48
PE anti-mouse CD48
Purified anti-mouse CD48
Biotin anti-mouse CD48
APC anti-mouse CD48
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD48
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD48
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse CD48
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse CD48
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD48
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD48
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse CD48
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD48
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD48
Purified anti-mouse CD48 (Maxpar® Ready)
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-mouse CD48
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse CD48
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse CD48
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse CD48
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse CD48
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse CD48
TotalSeq™-A0429 anti-mouse CD48
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-mouse CD48
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD48
TotalSeq™-B0429 anti-mouse CD48
TotalSeq™-C0429 anti-mouse CD48