- TS2/9 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Lymphocyte function-associated antigen 3, LFA-3
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD58, also known as lymphocyte function-associated antigen 3 (LFA-3) is a 45-70 kD cell surface protein that is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily. Alternative splicing of CD58 gives rise to transmembrane and glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored forms on cell surface. CD58 is expressed on both hematopoietic and non-hematopoietic cells including B cells, T cells, monocytes, erythrocytes, endothelial cells, epithelial cells, and fibroblasts. High levels are observed on memory T cells and dendritic cells. CD58 expressed on antigen presenting cells and target cells enhances T cell recognition via the binding of it's cognate ligand, CD2, on the T cell surface.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human cytolytic T cells
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IP, IHC, Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications include: immunoprecipitation1, inhibition of cytolytic activity1, augment of IL-1 release by TE cells2
- Application References
- Sanchez-Madrid F, et al. 1982. Proc. Nati Acad. Sci. USA. 79:7489
- Le PT, et al. 1990. J. Immunol. 144:4541
AB_2832648 (BioLegend Cat. No. 330923)
AB_2832649 (BioLegend Cat. No. 330924)
- Immunoglobulin superfamily member, 45-70 kD cell surface protein. Alternative splicing gives rise to transmembrane and glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored form on cell surface.
Expressed on both hematopoietic and non-hematopoietic cells including B cells, T cells, monocytes, erythrocytes, endothelial cells, epithelial cells, and fibroblasts. High levels are observed on memory T cells and dendritic cells.
- Mediates adhesion between various cell types (target cells and cytotoxic cells, APC and T cells, thymocytes and thymic epithelia).
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Springer TA, et al. 1987. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 5:223.
2. Dustin ML, et al. 1987. Nature 329:846.
3. Arulanandam AR, et al. 1994. J. Exp. Med. 180:1861.
4. Sanders ME, et al. 1988. J. Immunol. 140:1401.
- Gene ID
- 965 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD58 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Purified anti-human CD58 (LFA-3)||TS2/9||FC, IP|
|PE anti-human CD58 (LFA-3)||TS2/9||FC|
|PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD58||TS2/9||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD58 (LFA-3)||TS2/9||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD58 (LFA-3)||TS2/9||FC|
|APC anti-human CD58 (LFA-3)||TS2/9||FC|
|TotalSeq™-A0174 anti-human CD58 (LFA-3)||TS2/9||PG|
|TotalSeq™-C0174 anti-human CD58 (LFA-3)||TS2/9||PG|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD58 (LFA-3)||TS2/9||FC, IP, IHC, Block|
|TotalSeq™-B0174 anti-human CD58 (LFA-3)||TS2/9||PG|
|TotalSeq™-D0174 anti-human CD58 (LFA-3)||TS2/9||PG|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human CD58 (LFA-3)
PE anti-human CD58 (LFA-3)
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD58
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD58 (LFA-3)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD58 (LFA-3)
APC anti-human CD58 (LFA-3)
TotalSeq™-A0174 anti-human CD58 (LFA-3)
TotalSeq™-C0174 anti-human CD58 (LFA-3)
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD58 (LFA-3)
TotalSeq™-B0174 anti-human CD58 (LFA-3)
TotalSeq™-D0174 anti-human CD58 (LFA-3)