- Poly6242 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mitogen activated protein kinase 1, extracellular signal regulated kinase 2, MAPK1, p41mapk, p42 MAP Kinase
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|624201||50 µl (5 Western blots)||95€|
ERK2 is a 42 kD dual specificity kinase also known as mitogen activated protein kinase 1, extracellular signal regulated kinase 2, MAPK1, and p41mapk. The MAPK family includes several subgroups encompassing the ERK, JNK, and p38 kinases. ERK is phosphorylated in response to various extracellular signals inducing homodimerization and nuclear translocation where it phosphorylates target proteins regulating cell growth and survival. ERK2 interacts with a number of proteins including STAT5A, estrogen receptor alpha, ELK1, MEK1, protein kinase c epilson, RAF1, ribosomal S6 kinase, VAV1, STAT5b, Shc and many others. The Poly6242 antibody recognizes human, mouse, and rat ERK2 and has been shown to be useful for Western blotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunohistochemistry.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Rat, Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Peptide mapping to the carboxy terminus of rat ERK2
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide, 50% glycerol, and 0.1% gelatin.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store frozen at -20°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC, IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 10 µl per 5 ml of antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. For IHC, use a 1:50 dilution of antibody for staining. Antigen retrieval for IHC of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue using 0.01 M sodium citrate buffer is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
AB_2281725 (BioLegend Cat. No. 624201)
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase family member, dual specificity kinase, homodimer; approximately 42 kD
Ubiquitous cytoplasmic protein, translocates to nucleus upon activation.
- Dual specificity kinase involved in eukaryotic signal transduction. Phosphorylated ERK2 homodimerizes and translocates from the cytoplasm to the nucelus. Activated ERK2 phosphorylates various targets to regulate cell proliferation, survival and apoptosis.
- Interacts with a variety of proteins including STAT5A, estrogen receptor alpha, ELK1, MEK1, protein kinase c epilson, RAF1, ribosomal S6 kinase, VAV1, STAT5b, Shc and many others.
- Auto-phosphorylation on multiple sites (threonine, serine, tyrosine)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
1. Khokhlatchev AV, et al. 1998. Cell 93:605.
2. Boulton TG, et al. 1991. Cell 65:663.
- Extracellular signals including cytokine receptor engagement, growth factor engagement, and neuropeptides induce phosphorylation and activation of ERK2.
- Gene ID
- 5594 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about ERK2 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-ERK2||Poly6242||WB, IHC, IP|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.