- C068C2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- MMR (macrophage mannose receptor), MR (mannose receptor), MRC1
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD206, also known as mannose receptor (MR), is a 175 kD type I membrane protein. It is a pattern recognition receptor (PRR) belonging to the C-type lectin superfamily. MR is expressed on macrophages, dendritic cells, Langerhans cells, and hepatic or lymphatic endothelial cells. MR recognizes a range of microbial carbohydrates bearing mannose, fucose, or N-acetyl glucosamine through its C-type lectin-like carbohydrate recognition domains, sulfated carbohydrate antigens through its cysteine-rich domain, and collagens through its fibronectin type II domain. MR mediates endocytosis and phagocytosis as well as activation of macrophages and antigen presentation. It plays an important role in host defense and provides a link between innate and adaptive immunity. Recently, MR on lymphatic endothelial cells was found to be involved in leukocyte trafficking and a contributor to the metastatic behavior of cancer cells. It suggests that MR may be a potential target in controlling inflammation and cancer metastasis by targeting the lymphatic vasculature.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant mouse CD206 (MMR)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
FC, IHC-F - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. For immunohistochemistry on frozen tissue sections, a concentration range of 2.5 - 5.0 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 488 has a maximum emission of 519 nm when it is excited at 488 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone C068C2 recognizes a region similar to clone MR5D3, based on the ability of the clones to block each other.
- Application References
- Product Citations
AB_10933252 (BioLegend Cat. No. 141709)
AB_10900445 (BioLegend Cat. No. 141710)
- Type I transmembrane protein, 175 kD, C-type lectin superfamily
Macrophages, dendritic cells, Langerhans cells, liver endothelial cells
- Pathogen recognition, endocytosis and phagocytosis, antigen presentation
- Antigen containing mannose, fucose, or an N-acetyl glucosamine
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Langerhans cells, Macrophages
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Wileman TE, et al. 1986. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 83:2501.
2. Apostolopoulos V, et al. 2001. Curr. Mol. Med. 1:469.
3. Burgdorf S, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:6770.
4. McKenzie EJ, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:4975.
- Gene ID
- 17533 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD206 on UniProt.org
- Why is mouse CD206 stained intracellularly and not via surface staining?
Typically, mouse CD206 surface level is relatively low under normal conditions and so intracellular staining protocol is required to get better signal.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.