- W17122A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- C Polypeptide, Protein-Glutamine-Gamma-Glutamyltransferase, Protein-Glutamine Gamma-Glutamyltransferase 2, Transglutaminase C, Transglutaminase H, Tissue Transglutaminase, Transglutaminase 2
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Transglutaminase 2 (TGM2) is a multifunctional enzyme required for diverse cellular processes, including cell death, differentiaton, apoptosis, and cell migration. TGM2 catalyzes the crosslinking through calcium-activated transamidation of available glutamine and lysine residues on substrate proteins. TGM2 also has GTPase and ATPase activity; transamidation activity is allosterically inhibited by guanine nucleotide binding. It is essential for cancer stem cell survival and is a chemotherapy resistance factor.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human recombinant human TGM2 protein corresponding to amino acids 1-250.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg per mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone was tested for ICC using PFA-fixed A431 cells permeabilized with Triton X-100 or methanol. Staining in the incorrect subcellular compartment was observed using each method; we therefore do not recommend this clone for ICC.
This clone failed to immunoprecipitate TGM2 during PD testing.
AB_2810665 (BioLegend Cat. No. 616601)
AB_2810666 (BioLegend Cat. No. 616602)
- TGM2 is a 687 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 77 kD.
Tissue enriched/cytosol localization
- Post translational modification, GTPase activity.
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Structure
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators
- Gene ID
- 7052 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TGM2 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All TGM2 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.