- AM004414 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Spike glycoprotein, S glycoprotein (E2)
- Human IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) is a single- stranded RNA virus that belongs in a family of viruses known as coronaviruses. SARS-CoV-2 infection, known as COVID-19, was declared a pandemic by WHO on March 11, 2020 and among other symptoms leads to respiratory infection, pulmonary failure which can be fatal. SARS-CoV-2 is structurally composed of 4 main proteins (e.g. spike glycoprotein, envelope glycoprotein, membrane glycoprotein and nucleocapsid protein) and several accessory proteins. The spike glycoprotein (S) is a transmembrane molecule that forms homotrimers on the surface of the virus and facilitates virulence through binding to angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) expressed on host cells. This protein is composed of two subunits S1 and S2. S1 subunit is responsible for binding to the host cell via ACE-2 receptor and S2 for fusion with the host cell.
This antibody is specific for the S1 subunit of SARS-CoV-2 and was derived, sequenced and expressed from patients that had recovered from COVID-19 infection.
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 140 mM Hepes, pH 7.5, 70 mM NaCl, 32 mM NaOAc, 0.035% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Prior to use, quick spin the antibody vial to ensure recovery of maximum volume. Antibody can be stored in single use aliquots in -20°C for 2 years. Avoid repeated freeze and thaws.
WB - Quality tested
Direct ELISA - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.125 - 1.0 µg/mL. Recommended usage concentration for direct ELISA application is 93.6 ng/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone name AM004414 is also referred to as clone 414-4.
- Application References
1. Wan J. et al. 2020. Cell Rep. 32(3):107918
AB_2888747 (BioLegend Cat. No. 940401)
AB_2888747 (BioLegend Cat. No. 940402)
- Spike glycoprotein is a homotrimer. Each monomer consists of 1,273 a.a with a molecular weight of approximately 141 kD and consists of S1 and S2 subunits. S1 subunit is 673 a.a. long.
Viral envelope protein, host cell membrane, host cell endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi intermediate compartment membrane
- Host cell surface receptor binding
- Antigen References
1. Walls A.C. et al. 2020. Cell 181(2):281-292
2. Yan R. et al. 2020 Science 367 (6485):1444-1448
3. Wrapp D. et al. 2020 Science 367 (6483):1260-126
4. Shang J.et al. 2020 PNAS 117(21):11727-11734
- Gene ID
- 43740568 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein S1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.