- 1A4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Actin, aortic smooth muscle (αSMA), alpha 2 actin (ACTA2), alpha-cardiac actin, growth-inhibiting gene 46, cell growth-inhibiting gene 46 protein
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Cytoplasmic actins, which belong to the microfilament system of cytoskeleton proteins, are some of the most conserved eukaryotic proteins expressed in mammals. α-smooth muscle actin is widely expressed in contractile cells, most notably the mural cells that line arteries and arterioles. Overexpression of α-smooth muscle actin is a hallmark of fibrosis, a thickening or scarring of damaged tissue.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- N-terminal synthetic peptide of alpha-smooth muscle actin coupled to keyhole limpet haemocyanin (KLH).
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
IHC-P - Quality tested
ICC, WB - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 1.0 - 10.0 µg/mL is suggested. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration of 1.25 μg/mL is recommended. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.25 - 1.0 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Previously Covance catalog# MMS-466S.
When used in ICC testing, we recommend fixing and permeabilizing with ice-cold methanol.
AB_2941620 (BioLegend Cat. No. 614851)
AB_2941620 (BioLegend Cat. No. 614852)
- α smooth muscle actin is a 377 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 42 kD.
- Cell motility
- α smooth muscle actins bind to myosins to produce motive force
- Cell Type
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Monocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Cell Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Brennan PA, et al. 2000. J Oral Pathol Med. 29:279-83.
- Rizeq MN, et al. 1994. Hum Pathol. 25:671-7.
- Schmitt-Graff A, et al. 1991. Am J Pathol. 138::1233-42
- Roholl PJM, et al. 1990. Hum Pathol. 21:1269-74.
- Alberts B, et al. 1989. Eds Molecular biology of the cell. 2:613.
- Skalli O, et al. 1986. J Cell Biol. 103:2787-96.
- Gene ID
- 59 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about alpha Smooth Muscle Actin on UniProt.org
|Anti-Alpha Smooth Muscle Actin||1A4||IHC-P,ICC,WB|
|Purified anti-α Smooth Muscle Actin||1A4||IHC-P,ICC,WB|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.