- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Avidin-Peroxidase, Avidin-Horseradish Peroxidase, Av-HRP
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Avidin binds to biotin with high affinity. Avidin-HRP is useful for detecting biotinylated antibodies, e.g., in ELISA or Western blotting. For ELISA applications, HRP will act on soluble substrates, such as ABTS or TMB, to yield a colorimetric reaction. For Western blotting or ELISPOT applications, HRP will act on precipitating substrates, such as 4CN, to yield a colorimetric reaction.Product Details
- Buffered solution containing bovine protein and preservatives (methylisothiazolone, bromonitrodioxane, and other active isothiazolones).
- Avidin is conjugated with horseradish peroxidase under optimal conditions.
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Avoid exposure to sodium azide.
ELISA - Quality tested
ELISPOT, IHC, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA or Western blot analysis, the reagent should be titrated between 1:1000 - 1:5000 to determine optimal conditions. For ELISPOT, dilute at 1:500 - 1:2500 to determine optimal conditions. Avoid using biotin-containing solutions as diluents and solutions containing sodium azide. Sodium azide is an inhibitor of horseradish peroxidase. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Avidin-HRP is useful as a second step reagent for indirect enzymatic labelling, in conjunction with biotinylated primary antibodies. Av-HRP is recommended for ELISA, ELISPOT and Western blotting, when used with the relevant substrate system.
- Application References
- Product Citations
- Gene ID
- View information about Avidin on UniProt.org