- 3A2A20 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- POU domain class 5, transcription factor 1 (POU5F1), OCT4, OCT3
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Oct4 (Octamer binding transcription factor 4) is an important marker of the undifferentiated state and central regulator of pluripotency in ES cells. When embryonic stem cells are triggered to differentiate, Oct4 is downregulated, thus providing a model for the early events linked to somatic differentiation in the developing embryo. Oct4 is a nuclear protein, with a predicted molecular weight of 39 kD.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human Oct4 recombinant protein (1-141aa).
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.05% sodium azide.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, ChIP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 0.5 µg/ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml is recommended. For ChIP applications, the suggested use of this reagent is 1:50 to 1:100 by volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2561766 (BioLegend Cat. No. 653701)
AB_2561767 (BioLegend Cat. No. 653702)
- Belongs to the POU transcription factor family, predicted molecular weight of 39 kD
Nuclear protein, expressed in undifferentiated embryonal carcinoma (EC) cells, embryonic stem (ES) cells and embryonic germ (EG) cells
- Transcription factor that binds to the octamer motif (5'-ATTTGCAT-3'). Oct4 is a prime candidate for an early developmental control gene. It also is an important marker of the undifferentiated state and central regulator of pluripotency in ES cells.
- SOX2, SOX8, SOX10, androgen receptor, and ETS2
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Stem Cells, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Niwa H, et al. 2000. Nature Genet. 24:372.
2. Wernig M, et al. 2007. Nature 448:318.
3. Pesce M, et al. 2001. Stem Cells 19:271.
- Gene ID
- 5460 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Oct4 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All Oct4 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-Oct4 (Oct3)||3A2A20||WB,ICC,ChIP|
|PE anti-Oct4 (Oct3)||3A2A20||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-Oct4 (Oct3)||3A2A20||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-Oct4 (Oct3)||3A2A20||ICC,ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Oct4 (Oct3)||3A2A20||ICC,ICFC|
|Go-ChIP-Grade™ Purified anti-Oct4 (Oct3)||3A2A20||ChIP,WB,ICC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.