- Poly18058 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- AAA, ABETA, ABPP, AD1, APPI, CTFgamma, CVAP, PN-II, PN2, Amyloid beta A4 protein, preA4, protease nexin-II, peptidase nexin-II, beta-amyloid peptide, alzheimer disease amyloid protein, cerebral vascular amyloid peptide, APP, Amyloid Precursor Protein
Signet Catalog# 9153-005
Covance Catalog# SIG-39153
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Amyloid beta (Aβ or Amyloid beta) denotes peptides of 36-43 amino acids in length that are crucially involved in Alzheimer's disease as the main component of the amyloid plaques found in the brains of Alzheimer patients. The peptides result from the amyloid precursor protein (APP), which is cut by certain enzymes to yield Aβ. Aβ molecules can aggregate to form oligomers (known as "seeds") which are believed to be able to induce other Aβ molecules to also take the misfolded oligomeric form, leading to a chain reaction akin to a prion infection. The seeds or the resulting amyloid plaques are toxic to nerve cells. The other protein implicated in Alzheimer's disease, tau protein, also forms such prion-like misfolded oligomers, and there is some evidence that misfolded Aβ can induce tau to misfold.Product Details
- Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution (no preservatives or carrier proteins).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Do not store antibody diluted below 50 µg/mL in the absence of protein (i.e.: add 2% of bovine serum albumin). The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
ELISA, WB, IHC
IF - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting, immunohistochemistry (IHC), and ELISA.
This antibody is specific for the rodent Aβ. The rabbit anti-rodent Aβ reacts extremely well with all isoforms. The rabbit anti-rodent Aβ antibody has negligible cross-reactivity to human Aβ using immunohistochemistry6.
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Rose C, et al. 2012. BMC Neurosci. 13:84. (WB) PubMed
- Ding JD, et al. 2011. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 28:E279. (IF, ELISA)
- Suon S, et al. 2010. Mol. NEurodegener. 5:44. (ELISA) PubMed
- Liu M, et al. 2010. J. Lipid Res. 9:2611. (ELISA) PubMed
- Prox J, et al. 2013. J. Neurosci. 32:12915. (WB) PubMed
- Thomas van Groen, et al. 2006. Neurobiology of Disease. 23:653. (IHC) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2564689 (BioLegend Cat. No. 805801)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 351 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about beta-Amyloid on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.